User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroic Myth Index

Default Heroic Myth Index

So, I found a book at Half Price Books called Awakening the Heroes Within, which is a personality theory that groups us into 12 "heroic" archetypes. The interesting part is that they are all described to be within us, but some are more prominent than others in our life pattern.

Here's a link to the book: Amazon.com: Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World: Carol S. Pearson: Books
    Here's a link to a quiz to determine your type: What's Your Archetype?
    Here's a link that very briefly describes the types: Pearson's heroic archetypes

Of course take note that the book goes into much detail while these descriptions are over-simplified.

and Here's an interesting article: Pearson, Carol - Awakening the Hero Within

So, what did you score? What do you think? Have you heard of it before?

Enneagram 4w5 social

Sage

Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

Neat test.

Edit: here is another interesting link I found.

Archetypes 101

almost nekkid Array scantilyclad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFp

Caregivers take care of others even when doing so requires sacrifice. They give to make the world a better place for others. At worst, the Caregiver's sacrifice is maiming or manipulative. At best, the Caregiver's giving is compassionate, genuine, and of great help to others.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Ruler
    The Ruler in each of us understands that we are responsible for our inner and outer lives; the buck stops here. At worst, the Ruler is a despot. At best, the Ruler's order is inclusive, creating inner wholeness and outer community.

That sounds so ENFJ
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Creator
    When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.

Neat little quiz. Thanks for posting it. I relate more to the description in "Archetypes 101" more than the one presented in the quiz; the quiz one sounds incedibly INFx.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Seeker

The Seeker explores internal and external realities and is willing to give up security, community, and intimacy for autonomy. Seekers find out who they are by differentiaiting themselves from others. At worst, they are just outsiders. At best, they find their unique identities and vocations.

Hmm... does anyone think this is descriptive of me? I'm not so sure...

The only sane man Array Mycroft's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Destroyer

The Destroyer is a paradoxical character whose destructiveness reflects the death drive and an inner fear of annihilation. As a fighter, they are thus careless of their own safety and may put others in danger too.

Their quest is to change, to let go of their anger or whatever force drives them and return to balance, finding the life drive that will sustain them. Living on the cusp of life and death, they are often surprisingly humble.
    Interesting. I'm attentive to my safety to a fault, though.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Creator

When the Creator is active within a person, that person is discovering or creating a more adequate sense of Self. At best, this new identity leads to a more fulfilling and effective life. At worst, it is simply an experiment, and the person retreats or goes back to the drawing board to start over.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII

Sage : Sages find freedom through understanding the big picture (global or cosmic) and a capacity for detachment. At the lowest level, the Sage may have little interest in the ordinary, mundane pleasures of life. At the highest level, however, the Sage combines detachment with love, wisdom, and joy in life.

I know I've looked up Pearson before, and ptgatsby and I might have discussed this book briefly before somewhere on the forums.
    Hey Capa. We're only stardust.

She was waiting, but she didn't know for what. She was aware only of her solitude, and of the penetrating cold, and of a greater weight in the region of her heart. ~ Albert Camus

Movie Reviews: What Jenny Saw