User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default Intuitive feeling lonely?

Has anyone felt lonely being one of the only intuitive in the room? I hated at times that I was the only N at room. I didn't think I personally knew some N times until I was in my mid and late teens. To this day, there are still some N's I haven't meet of a gender or personally know a type.

I'm not adverse to S types. I use to hang out at an internet cafe which was full of introvert of all types. EXXJ's were non-existence and there were a few EXXP's. I got along with all type there which which the population was half intuitive and half S. Even the conflict relations of types were able to get a long with each other.

However, it's a bit different being one of the NT types in a room which really bothers me. This happened to me at school or at the gym.

your resident asshole

@great_bay - What exactly makes you feel excluded as an intuitive?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    @great_bay - What exactly makes you feel excluded as an intuitive?
    Being the only one of myself in the room of course. I hated being called or known as weird. I was always the least popular one in at school. However, at the internet cafe, I was modernly popular among the group of N friends.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Being the only one of myself in the room of course. I hated being called or known as weird. I was always the least popular one in at school. However, at the internet cafe, I was modernly popular among the group of N friends.
    And you know that every single person is a sensor all of the time? How can you be so certain of everyone's type unless you know them extremely well? Being "weird" is not a trait exclusive to intuitives. There are plenty of weird, unpopular, loner sensors.
    Likes Hard, Noll liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Nope. All that matters is if I like the person and get along with them. It's independent of type.

I rather like sensors anyway.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Cygnus, wakeangel liked this post

Yeah. Earlier on I used to have the same thought process as you thinking everyone were sensors, oh was I wrong. Those who have Se in their functional stack can look more worldly, I mean with INJ's as an exception for some of them as they could dress more conservative.

Also what may be interesting to you as an intuitive may not be for some others. We are all raised with different influences, maybe those who use Fe and Te more often can selectively create social niches around and could unfortunately exclude you.

Alas, it is unfortunate this must happen to you. But oh well, it's not like I don't have the problem of being lonely either. However you did indirectly suggest you may as well have good times with a lot of intuitive friends, so there's that.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Imagine the loneliness of a dot.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    And you know that every single person is a sensor all of the time? How can you be so certain of everyone's type unless you know them extremely well? Being "weird" is not a trait exclusive to intuitives. There are plenty of weird, unpopular, loner sensors.
    You're right, I don't know every person in the room is a sensor. However statistics say that 75% of the population are S types.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    You're right, I don't know every person in the room is a sensor. However statistics say that 75% of the population are S types.
    And yet, you haven't answered my question. Simply stating "because I'm an N and they aren't" does not answer why you feel this way.

People you don't like are just automatically sensors, huh?

You know, it seems as though a lot of people discover MBTI one day and test as some sort of intuitive type. They read about their result and find out that they're a "rare breed." Intuitive definitions are often geared toward hinting that intuition is "superior" to sensing. People suddenly have a reason to why they always feel different from everyone else. And they get smug about it. They come here to complain about how they're always suppressed by SJ types and that being an IN type makes them smarter and better all around. They're left out because they're better than everyone else and others are too stupid to understand them. Never mind that common types regularly feel alone and unable to connect on a regular basis.

Is that what you're here for? Is that what you've come to complain about? There are plenty of other judgmental threads for you to contribute to instead of making your own. Go ahead and browse for a bit and you'll find a myriad of "which types do you hate" threads that you can contribute to.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Sensors versus Intuitives... seriously?

In all fairness, by personal experience, intuitives need to solve this problem. I found solace in downplaying the spotlight effect, which seems to me to plague all kinds of intuitives, especially xNxJs.

The Spotlight Effect
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...otlight-effect (does this link thing work?)

It is kind of hard to stomach that the cause is technically egocentrism, but it is easy to realize that just because you focus intently on you, doesn't mean everyone else is, hence a imagined spotlight. It definitely falls under the category of "what do you think others think of you".

Sensors are just as capable to be lonely... without exception, although in public they seem to be more naturally comfortable in their own skin.