User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does your top love language match what's in this survey?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • My top love language matches the most common one for my type in the graph

7 36.84%
  • My top love language matches the second most common one for my type in the graph

5 26.32%
  • My top love language matches the third most common one in the graph

4 21.05%
  • My top love language matches the fourth most common one in the graph

2 10.53%
  • My top love language is Gifts

0 0%
  • I don't know what my top love language is

1 5.26%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default MBTI and Love Languages

This is a graph illustrating how common Love Languages were for a particular MBTI type. A few interesting overall observations:

• There is a pretty broad mix of preferences across all the types
    • Quality time in general is the top love language by most participants
    • Gifts is the least common love language across the board
    • ESFPs are most likely to prefer Physical Touch
    • ESTPs, INTJs, ESFJs, ISTPs and ISTJs are most likely to prefer Acts of Service
    • ENFPs and ENFJs are most likely to prefer Words of Affirmation

From: Here Is The Top ‘Love Language’ For Each Myers-Briggs Personality Type | Thought Catalog

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes xXMariahXx, OrangeAppled liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Interesting that ISFP and ISTP are the only ones who put gifts on the radar.

And INTPs really love that quality time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Interesting that ISFP and ISTP are the only ones who put gifts on the radar.

And INTPs really love that quality time....
    I dated an ISFP in college for three years and she was definitely all about gifts.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE None

This is so accurate.
    In my past relationship with an INFP, I really liked hearing him tell me what he liked about me, and I loved his sweet compliments. He was just so adorable ^_^

When he told me that he admired my character, especially my honesty and my kindness, I melted.

It’s a matter of perspective: yours is to love me
    from a block away & mine is to praise the grain-
    iness that weaves expressively: your face.

-Yours & Mine, Alice Fulton

Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Seems good, I am so used to words of affirmation that while appreciated aren't a love language.

Physical touch I die inside without

Not a gifts person, enjoyed, not love language

Acts of service, yeah, gotta hit right dialect or it doesn't do much, not looking for a mom to take care of me

I do enjoy quality time...that's together time, not necessarily doing certain things together. Can just be laying in bed chatting
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    9w8

I notice that acts of service didn't score particularly high, but for me, it would be neck in neck with quality time and words of affirmation. In fact, it IS quality time. The number one indicator of love to me is a person who keeps his word and follows through on his promises. The guy who unepectedly picks up a hammer and helps me repair my building or sweeps my floor because he sees Ive got too much on my plate says that I matter without saying a word. A person who has my back when I'm in trouble, I know I mean something to them. Without actions, words are just empty to me. Don't get me wrong, I need words of affirmation, but I need them with corresponding action. I need a physical touch but the touch is so much sweeter when it comes from someone who will go to bat for you, even when it looks like you're playing a loosing game.

I don't know how it corresponds to type but across the board I'd say that when a person loves you they 1. Want to be with you for no particular reason. 2. They support your dreams, tell you so and back your efforts. Actions do speak louder than words, at least they do to me. Yes, tell me that you appreciate me, but more importantly...show me. Show up. Help me. Dont leave me holding the bag and paying the bills. 3. They share at least some level of physical intimacy with you 4. They think of you even when you're not there and that prompts them to pick up something now and then, simply because they think you might enjoy it.

So, basically, I think all types need all the languages and maybe preference is more life experience related than type related.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I notice that acts of service didn't score particularly high, but for me, it would be neck in neck with quality time and words of affirmation. In fact, it IS quality time. The number one indicator of love to me is a person who keeps his word and follows through on his promises. The guy who unepectedly picks up a hammer and helps me repair my building or sweeps my floor because he sees Ive got too much on my plate says that I matter without saying a word. A person who has my back when I'm in trouble, I know I mean something to them. Without actions, words are just empty to me. Don't get me wrong, I need words of affirmation, but I need them with corresponding action. I need a physical touch but the touch is so much sweeter when it comes from someone who will go to bat for you, even when it looks like you're playing a loosing game.

I don't know how it corresponds to type but across the board I'd say that when a person loves you they 1. Want to be with you for no particular reason. 2. They support your dreams, tell you so and back your efforts. Actions do speak louder than words, at least they do to me. Yes, tell me that you appreciate me, but more importantly...show me. Show up. Help me. Dont leave me holding the bag and paying the bills. 3. They share at least some level of physical intimacy with you 4. They think of you even when you're not there and that prompts them to pick up something now and then, simply because they think you might enjoy it.

So, basically, I think all types need all the languages and maybe preference is more life experience related than type related.
    Well they are just statistics indicating some kind of likelihood. As the numbers show, there is a broad distribution for all the types. My preferences are for 1) words of affirmation and 2) physical affection - and neither of those correspond particularly strongly with the INTJ averages. Those two come out #4 and #3 respectively in the list. Acts of service mean very little to me. So my preferences are less common for an INTJ.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere Smile View Post
    This is so accurate.
    In my past relationship with an INFP, I really liked hearing him tell me what he liked about me, and I loved his sweet compliments. He was just so adorable ^_^

When he told me that he admired my character, especially my honesty and my kindness, I melted.
    Me too, I like it sweet: a sweet serenade, sweet poetry, sweet nothings... when my ESFJ compliments some female members of my family, they'll whisper he's insincere, but I love it and bask in positive affirmation and compliments of all kinds.

I'm ENTP, btw. (:

MBTI and love languages are very interesting to me. I'm so glad I found this! The only thing is- I'm an INFP and words of affirmation is my least love language. Quality Time was correct, though. Thanks for sharing!!