User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    In my experience, Ps are usually more laid back. Admittedly, I have most of that experience with SJs.

What kind of P "hates forever"?
    are we still talking about ENFPs v. ENFJs? It's not about laid back or uptight. It's not even about which wants most to influence. It's about the ability to live with differences without castigating the different person or casting him/her as messed up because s/he may think differently.

What kind of P "hates forever"?

The ENFP will not necessarily mean it, but will think nothing of saying it because they feel like it. They may think differently later (that inconstancy), but not everybody appreciates the outbursts (*raises hand*).
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    are we still talking about ENFPs v. ENFJs? It's not about laid back or uptight. It's not even about which wants most to influence. It's about the ability to live with differences without castigating the different person or casting him/her as messed up because s/he may think differently.
    And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.

The ENFP will not necessarily mean it, but will think nothing of saying it because they feel like it. They may think differently later (that inconstancy), but not everybody appreciates the outbursts (*raises hand*).
    ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

INTP-ENFP is like a time bomb which may or may not have a detonator. Can work.

MBTI
    ENTP

_______________________Fe^ ____________Ti^
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Make sense!
    how dare you ! you really know how to insult an INTP !

Forever - takes - too - long
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

And ENFPs do that? I wouldn't have thought it. Not that ENFJs do it, but surprised ENFPs do.
    Read MOAR ENFP. I never expected it - I thought the one ENFP IRL was just being her, but more often than not when I read something along those lines and check the type -- voila: ENFP strikes again. Keep an eye out for the more subtle framing of the criticism in terms of "underdeveloped" and "unhealthy". Perhaps we don't have enough ENFJs around here. The ENFJ with whom I'm pretty close IRL rarely does that. He'll suggest something or tell you why he thinks you're wrong, but it is done more diplomatically and sympathetically.

ESFJ/ENFJ - lead with Fe. Why wouldn't they be more prone to outbursts? Better control of that lead Fe?
    That may be precisely the thing. Maybe their lead Fe considers the feelings of the other person and modulates their reactions for the partner's sake. ENFPs typically have auxiliary Fi, which is more concerned with how an action feels to them, not other people.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

MBTI
    ENTP

He'll suggest something or tell you why he thinks you're wrong, but it is done more diplomatically and sympathetically.
    If he does that without being asked "would you suggest something? do you think I'm wrong?" it's not very accepting, even if he doesn't use profanity.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    If he does that without being asked "would you suggest something? do you think I'm wrong?" it's not accepting, even if he doesn't use profanity.
    I have a looser view of accepting. I can accept something while thinking of ways to improve it. This is a far cry from "WTF how could you possibly do/think/say that?!?!?!". i.e.: rejecting.
    Besides, because of the long term considerate attitude, I'm more likely to view it as coming from a place of concern for me, not from a simple dislike for the way I've thought of/done something as incompatible with his values.
    hoarding time and space

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    how dare you ! you really know how to insult an INTP !

Forever - takes - too - long
    15k posts over there...

I (and most INTPs) can't be bothered with grudges. So I'm going to assume you meant "i don't" in your previous post.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can accept something while thinking of ways to improve it.
    Doesn't it scare you? Dealing with evil forces?
    I don't wanna!