• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP vs ISFJ epic battle

gromit

likes this
If INFP and ISFJ had to battle, what would it be like, and who would win?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on what we were battling over and what the method of battle happened to be.

gromit

likes this
Depends on what we were battling over and what the method of battle happened to be.

It is an open-ended prompt, so you can go with it where your lil INFP imagination takes you! I had been thinking of something like pro-wrestling personally, but I don't want to limit you.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
lol.

I'd think that the INFP would win ...whatever the battle would be.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is an open-ended prompt, so you can go with it where your lil INFP imagination takes you!

Welll, if the entire earth were divided into territories based off MBTI types, and both the INFPs and ISFJs were running out of resources and went to war as a means to appropriate each other's territories, then I think the ISFJs would probably have an easier time of it, since in the "Portrait of an ISFJ" I'm reading it says they live in a concrete world, and therefore might be better at planning and completing tasks. Assuming a conflict resolution couldn't be worked out first. Which, it probably would. I doubt we would ever go to battle at all.

If it was something where you got the chance to sacrifice yourself for the greater good I think both INFPs and ISFJs would be eager to die, but that's not really a battle.

If it was a battle over who got to hoard the most kittens then I would win. I don't know how other INFPs feel about kittens but I really like them.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's something that matters to the INFP, I'm betting on them.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it's something that matters to the INFP, I'm betting on them.

Provided no squirrels wander by...

Don't underestimate the power of a determined ISFJ, however.
My wife is ISFJ and I've seen her commit acts of will which would make Zod kneel before her.
(Of course, that might be because she's of German descent.)

Obligatory literary quote:

"After and before the deed the German Will is the same. It cannot be broken by changes and by time, like that of those others who repent. It stands outside time like a thing of stone, looking forward and backward with the same face." -- G.K. Chesterton, The Three Horsemen of Apocalypse

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ISFJ's would murder you to keep things as they should be, or avenge something past.

I'm banking on that over limp-wristed idealism.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
If we were going by numbers I would say ISFJs no contest.

But since you said individuals...

It would be close as neither one would really probably want to fight.

I would suppose it might come down to what they were fighting over. If the ISFJ was trying to protect someone close to them, or protect something they held dear, I could see them pretty much going feral. Putting their all into something off of pure adrenaline, being prepared to go down with the ship. If they are really angry an ISFJ might legitimately destroy you. The powers of angry Fe can be dangerous, they would be able to twist whatever you say if it is a verbal battle. Si, considering this is a long term scheme to tear you to pieces, might be able to synthesize a great plan, based on what they know, to tear you apart. So immediate heartfelt adrenaline attack followed by measured strategy to pretty much rip apart the basis of your character. An ISFJ 6 would probably be best suited.

Then again. If the INFP was in a fight for something that they really cared about, their line of defense might be longer and less emotionally raw than the ISFJ's. They might end up having an easier time with understanding the basis of what the other person is doing and might be able to shut it down based on that alone. Might actually be more commited to their view and harder to convince or shake than the ISFJ. While the ISFJis using social manipulation to undermine the INFP, the INFP might be able to subtly manuever out from under it-negate the ISFJs whole argument by really understanding the entirety of it and counterstriking with an irrefutable point, and come out the victor. An INFP 5 would probably have the greatest advantage at a verbal spar.

So actually it would depend of the extent of either whose values are crushed. Could go either way. Base adrenaline would help an ISFJ, quick thinking an INFP.

A physical fight might be too close to call. Whoever gets the upper hand first.

Kas

Fabula rasa
INFPs, but you know... I just don't like to lose;)