User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Why do you think I always have to believe in what I'm doing? I don't "believe in" until it's been proven through experiment and experience. I don't automatically reject an idea just because it doesn't conform with my pre-existing beliefs, unless it is completely unfounded.
    Experiment and experience? Upon joining the forum you quickly used the "logic": My boss is a meanie and ruined my life, he's ESTJ. Jaguar reminds me of my boss, ergo, Jaguar is ESTJ. Experiment and experience? Hardly. You probably would have typed a former member named Jack Flak ESTJ considering the logic you employ. No doubt, he would have blasted you with both barrels for many of your posts, with cause. And for the record, one of the few times I backed Marm was when she got on your case for stereotyping. This is a thread on stereotyping after all, eh? Speaking of ESTJs, and stereotyping, elsewhere in the forum someone got on EJCC's ass claiming she couldn't possibly be ESTJ since she wasn't "out there doing" and instead was here participating in the forum. I've read stereotyped nonsense for years, but that person deserves a prize. I believe EJCC was labeled "a confused ENTJ." Meaning, she had to be ENTJ rather than ESTJ simply for being here and not "out there doing."

Brilliant solution: Rather than realize one's thought process may be flawed, simply maintain the person in question is another MBTI type in order to hang on to that flawed thought process.

I can't help but wonder what that person would say to an ESTJ pal of mine who is a retired psychologist. "He can't be ESTJ, he's a psychologist! Type him something else!"

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Experiment and experience? Upon joining the forum you quickly used the "logic": My boss is a meanie and ruined my life, he's ESTJ. Jaguar reminds me of my boss, ergo, Jaguar is ESTJ. Experiment and experience? Hardly. You probably would have typed a former member named Jack Flak ESTJ considering the logic you employ. No doubt, he would have blasted you with both barrels for many of your posts, with cause. And for the record, one of the few times I backed Marm was when she got on your case for stereotyping. This is a thread on stereotyping after all, eh? Speaking of ESTJs, and stereotyping, elsewhere in the forum someone got on EJCC's ass claiming she couldn't possibly be ESTJ since she wasn't "out there doing" and instead was here participating in the forum. I've read stereotyped nonsense for years, but that person deserves a prize. I believe EJCC was labeled "a confused ENTJ." Meaning, she had to be ENTJ rather than ESTJ simply for being here and not "out there doing."

Brilliant solution: Rather than realize one's thought process may be flawed, simply maintain the person in question is another MBTI type in order to hang on to that flawed thought process.

I can't help but wonder what that person would say to an ESTJ pal of mine who is a retired psychologist. "He can't be ESTJ, he's a psychologist! Type him something else!"
    I think that many ESTJs could make excellent psychologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I think that many ESTJs could make excellent psychologists.
    Agreed.

I think anyone could be a psychologist.
    I think anyone could be a novelist.
    I think anyone could be a doctor.
    I think anyone could run a business.

In my opinion, it's the how that may differ. Not the what.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Agreed.

I think anyone could be a psychologist.
    I think anyone could be a novelist.
    I think anyone could be a doctor.
    I think anyone could run a business.

In my opinion, it's the how that may differ. Not the what.
    I don't believe that ANYONE can run a business or be a doctor, anymore than I could be a basketball player or a coal miner.

However, people of all types can be found in all walks of life. You may find INTPs as basketball players and coal miners. But that INTP won't be me.

As for the rest of your post above, they are all unfounded accusations. And Marm is the biggest stereotyper on this forum, so your statements are hypocritical. They are also biased since, as Marm is indeed the biggest stereotyper who comes to this forum, you never said one word to her about it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I don't believe that ANYONE can run a business or be a doctor, anymore than I could be a basketball player or a coal miner.
    Limit possibilities. Always. That's the ticket.

As for the rest of your post above, they are all unfounded accusations. And Marm is the biggest stereotyper on this forum, so your statements are hypocritical. They are also biased since, as Marm is indeed the biggest stereotyper who comes to this forum, you never said one word to her about it.
    Hardly unfounded. Btw, it's been awhile . . . I think it's time for you to go post about your boss ruining your life, again. Make no mistake, the only person who can ruin your life is you. If you don't like working for the fucker, walk. As for Marm, ironically, she began a run of type-stalking after she was type-stalked by someone else. Odd, but true. Having said that, it doesn't mean you weren't stereotyping in all the threads where she was yelling at you over the years. And I have given Marm plenty of shit for some of her comments over the years.

As for this thread, frankly, I don't understand why you'd start a thread about stereotyping when so many of your posts have contained stereotyping. That's bizarre. But it's a free world, so knock yourself out.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Limit possibilities. Always. That's the ticket.
    Once again, you think I have an agenda, but I don't. That's called "projection."

Hardly unfounded. Btw, it's been awhile . . . I think it's time for you to go post about your boss ruining your life, again. Make no mistake, the only person who can ruin your life is you. If you don't like working for the fucker, walk. As for Marm, ironically, she began a run of type-stalking after she was type-stalked by someone else. Odd, but true. Having said that, it doesn't mean you weren't stereotyping in all the threads where she was yelling at you over the years. And I have given Marm plenty of shit for some of her comments over the years.

As for this thread, frankly, I don't understand why you'd start a thread about stereotyping when so many of your posts have contained stereotyping. That's bizarre. But it's a free world, so knock yourself out.
    I haven't worked for that boss since 2012.

My posts don't contain stereotyping.

Once again, you think I have an agenda, but I don't. That's called "projection."
    Ah, yes. The ever-popular "You're projecting!" battle cry when hobbling along on a wounded leg in a forum discussion.
    I don't think you have an agenda, I simply think many of your so-called "typing" posts are stereotypical drivel.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ah, yes. The ever-popular "You're projecting!" battle cry when hobbling along on a wounded leg in a forum discussion.
    I don't think you have an agenda, I simply think many of your so-called "typing" posts are stereotypical drivel.
    You're right, as always !

You're right, as always !
    Nah, that party is too conservative for me.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Nah, that party is too conservative for me.
    Ok then, you're wrong.