First 1234 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Agreed, especially ENxPs. I would agree IxTPs would too but probably not so much. But in a real world case we all would at some stage
    I disagree the INxx is THE WORST! They are known for pestering their parents incessantly for answers. Stop asking so many questions and LIVE damnit!
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

i don't think intuitive introverts come up with a high frequency of question (well except Pe users), it's not my experience at all, but i have no doubt that intuitives would most frequently come up with highly annoying/difficult/challenging questions, or simply question that seem irrelevant to life, by sensing standards.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, smart people?

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    Agreed, especially ENxPs. I would agree IxTPs would too but probably not so much. But in a real world case we all would at some stage
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I disagree the INxx is THE WORST! They are known for pestering their parents incessantly for answers. Stop asking so many questions and LIVE damnit!
    What if you are an xNxP, an IxTP, and an INxx?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Thinking back, I was usually the only regular person to ask questions in class.

Once my sister met a guy I shared an abnormal psyche class with. He told her I "got really into it" when I was in class.

What other personality types would be a "questioning" type?

This thread would have been a better, "how do you learn?" type thread. Feel free to talk about that if you'd like =D
    To answer your OP directly, you were just interested in abnormal psych. Your motivation may have been enthusiasm for the subject or like @Orangey said, someone trying to kiss ass with the teacher.

There are different motives for asking questions, and people usually ask more questions about things they're interested in.

I argued with my history prof once, it was awesome. He really respected me, though, apparently. He told me I made the highest grade in the class on my final ten page essay, and he was a lawyer aside from teaching that one class, so I think he enjoyed arguing.

I'd have to know what kinds of questions you asked, or why you were asking them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I was pretty "into it" I guess, both asking and answering. In kindergarten my teacher pinned a note to my shirt one day (this is how they communicated with the parents back in the dark ages before email) asking them to get me to shut up so someone else could get a word in.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I was pretty "into it" I guess, both asking and answering. In kindergarten my teacher pinned a note to my shirt one day (this is how they communicated with the parents back in the dark ages before email) asking them to get me to shut up so someone else could get a word in.
    When I was in the second grade my teacher wrote a nasty note home to my family with little frowny faces, saying that I yawned loudly to get attention.

Like I would ever do anything just to get attention.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    What if you are an xNxP, an IxTP, and an INxx?
    Then you're fucked. Lol jk. You have a job that let's you explore your passions though so you're good
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Any type could conceivably be a 'question asking' type. But if I had to choose the type most prone to it, I would say:

INTP cp6w5 so/sx

Ti doms by nature are inquisitive and search for logical consistency in things. Counter Phobic sixes tend to be very skeptical (a cp6 of the social varient would possible be opposed to certain cultural and real world trends, perhaps critical of the reasons on why people do things).

I would also consider INTP 5w6 so/sx or INTP 5w6 sx/so as possible questioning types (five being an analytical observer by nature). INTJ would also be a runner up as well.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I don't tend to ask many questions, mostly because I like to find out answers for myself and do my own research. I tend to only ask questions when I need input from another perspective to which I may be blind, or for a sounding board for lines of thought that I've already formed after extensive research and reflection.

I don't like people who ask too many questions. I have an ex who asked the most stupid questions, basically, nothing he cannot google for himself or figure out by context if only he could just shut his mouth for long enough to engage his brain. It's just like he blurts out questions without even thinking. It's not cute, it was just annoying.

Depending on the nature of the questions and the frequency in which they are asked, it's not a sign of inquisitiveness, but a sign of laziness.

Asking questions because you need external validation and input for your well-thought out, well-researched, thoughtfully analyzed ideas or specific questions directed at those who are experts at the subject = good
    Asking questions because you're too lazy to think for yourself and waiting for others to spoon feed you answers = bad
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]