User Tag List

First 2345 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Most of this is speculation, but I know enough type to pretend I know what people think of me.

NFs think I'm brilliant, passionate, and full of potential. They even learn to appreciate the abrasive/deliberately rude behavior. Somehow it all seems to gel with their... well it seems like they have an ego for me, and everything is permissible, they'll be the one to issue a reprimand when I do step out of line.
    Either that, or they figure (accurately I should add) that if they defend and support me, that I'll do it for them. Unfortunately for me, I know far too few of these creatures.

Or by contrast, there are the ones who heatedly hate me for being so violent with my words. These ones are almost always wrongheaded anyway. Not that that matters to me. I'm gonna screw with them anyway just 'cause I know they hate it.

S_Js... what is there to say about an S_J? They all say they see potential in me, but it's wasted.
    "What are we going to do with you?" I get that one a lot.
    Or better "*gasp followed by pause* Get that out of your ear" referring to my stretched earlobes.
    Get them out of here.

S_Ps don't get me. They don't get it.
    "You're a weird dude..."
    Well they don't really get anything. Except what they want. And they should. Every goddamned one of them deserves whatever they get. That's their philosophy, and it's the one I hold for them. The extraverts, if they've not enlisted me, view me as a threat, to be, either eliminated, or ignored. I even got an ESFP (I know... holy shit) to hate me. I'm quite proud to be honest. The introverts... Well ISTP... geniuses almost all of them. Except that they don't always know what I'm talking about, which is disheartening because I know they're goddamned smart. That's ok. We get along because they don't really care about what anyone is talking about, and I don't expect them to understand -- just to be well practiced.
    ISFPs are like the girl who everyone thinks is interesting, because all of them seem to have been traumatized... it's as if God picks on all of them... What happened here? I see through it. They're not really interesting. Creative though. I appreciate that, and they, in response, appreciate me.

Well S_Ps either don't know/care you're there, or like you as long as you like them.

NT: The extraverts normally don't like me. I think it's because they all like to think of themselves as revolutionary thinkers. They've all got 'the next big idea' and they're pissed off when mine invariably take precedence over theirs.
    The introverts however very much enjoy to hear what I have to say. One INTJ friend even almost got himself kicked out of school for enforcing an idea I'd impressed him with.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

SJs think I'm strange and an abnormal psycho.

SPs think I'm boring.

NTs think I'm either intelligent or stupid.

NFs think I'm an asshole and, yes, an abnormal psycho.

MBTI
    INFP

My ISTJ husband loves me so much he almost told me once. If I ever learn how to do everything perfectly and by his rules, I am sure that someday he will tell me so.

I dunno. In RL a lot of people say that I am "interesting."

You might have to be from MN to know that "interesting" or "different" are two descriptors the "Minnesota Nice" folks use when they'd rather not say what they are thinking. Heh.

As many INFPs I have often felt misunderstood and don't understand others at times. My ISTP son is truly my Enigma which is distressing to me. My ENFP daughter and I don't have to speak to know how we feel about each other.

I feel liked, if not loved, by most. Tolerated, if not accepted, by some. I have rarely felt hated by anyone. Good enough to satisfy me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    ISFPs are like the girl who everyone thinks is interesting, because all of them seem to have been traumatized... it's as if God picks on all of them... What happened here? I see through it. They're not really interesting. Creative though. I appreciate that, and they, in response, appreciate me.

Well S_Ps either don't know/care you're there, or like you as long as you like them.
    I think you alternate between being rudely funny and just rude.

Obviously, I'm talking about your forum posts, I dunno you in person.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

SP: Weird, yet slightly cool in his weird way.
    SJ: I'm either The Anti-Christ, or a smart guy who agrees with them about something.
    NF: "Why aren't you working for the CIA?" *shrug* They haven't called yet.
    NT: "How could you think that?"

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

SP: weird, but fun to talk to and fun to be around.
    SJ: just weird and without direction. not what they admire. however, my desire to get along with people coincide with their notion of responsibility, so in that sense we can get along.
    NF: we're 2 peas in a pot, enough said. we enjoy our similarities.
    NT: we're different in a few respects but we can have some amazing conversations. all in all we get along great. these guys are usually my philosophy buddies, even more so than the NF's.

MBTI
    INFP

I joined this forum in the Spring and another MBTI group. I checked them both out and settled in with my own tribe. This one was daunting in its scope.

After comfortably settling in over there I began to be curious about this forum and came over to see the differences. A few times I had "overheard" conversations about how "prejudiced" the NTs here were of NFs. So I wondered how that worked here.

The first thread I started became a maze of questions which seemed to press an issue for me that caused me some confusion. I sensed that my NT conversants were expecting something from me but I wasn't clear on what it was. It started to feel like a game to me.

Later I read a comment by an NT which talked about defending one's self from others by throwing them into confusion and wondering if that person had felt defensive toward my posts and had deliberately tried to confuse the issue to gain a sense of balance.

Then I said, "Oh Anja, you're just being paranoid." Heh.

So, I'm wondering if the perception of the NFs is that they are considered annoying, insignificant, "something" in this forum.

I've seen scattered references here and there.

I've stumbled into a few conversations where the Tees are flexing their brain power and watched with amazement as the, usually civil, very high-powered arguments bounce around. And I laugh and think, "So this is what Tees do with their spare time."

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Here's a funny:

This morning when I got up, my ISTJ husband met me at the bottom of the stairs, he took me into his arms. I smiled (here come all the warm fuzzies!) He gazed into my eyes and softly said, "The dishes are done."

See. I told you he loved me!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    This one was daunting in its scope.
    Either I don't know what that means, or I totally disagree with you.

So, I'm wondering if the perception of the NFs is that they are considered annoying, insignificant, "something" in this forum.
    I can't speak for anyone else but me, but I certainly don't consider NFs any of that as a whole. Some individual NFs can certainly do some annoying things, though.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Either I don't know what that means, or I totally disagree with you.
    Since I wasn't coming here to only chat but to also observe the different types in action I thought to start with just INFPs. For me it seemed like taking a pretty big bite all at once to watch all the different types interact.

And it's a pretty big site. Lots of age and national difference as well.

Quite the interesting place.

MBTI
    INFP

Jeffster! You pulled my leg. Hee.

(Is that one of the perverted hobbies you enjoy?)