User Tag List

1231151 Last

Thread: Fe Fakeness

Ginkgo

Lightbulb Fe Fakeness

If TJs and FPs only use Fi, and Fi invariably causes Fi users to assume that displays of emotion are fake, then are demonstrations of Fe fake?

Glycerine

Everyone displays emotion so then is everyone "fake"?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

No, because Fe is not something you can demonstrate, it is a function preference, which means that you prefer to judge things as they relate to external social norms. That's all it is.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Everyone displays emotion so then is everyone "fake"?
    Nice one!
    This is really funny to read over, because half the world thinks I'm a cold bastard, and now I learn if I do display my emotions that some will by default think of it as fake.
    Well I guess there is just no winning about it then, LOL!
    Whateverrrrrrrrrr...

Interestingly enough, some of the most extreme displays of emotion I have witnessed are by the TJ's and FP's I know.
    And I am not saying this is bad at all, just that it is odd for those with a very "strong internal emotional barometer" to pass judgement on those who "display their feelings externally."

Oh well, seems like the cure to this dilemma is the same as for many, just be yourself and let shit sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    No, because Fe is not something you can demonstrate, it is a function preference, which means that you prefer to judge things as they relate to external social norms. That's all it is.
    Case closed!
    Thank you, Sir!!!

-

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Nice one!
    This is really funny to read over, because half the world thinks I'm a cold bastard, and now I learn if I do display my emotions that some will by default think of it as fake.
    Well I guess there is just no winning about it then, LOL!
    Whateverrrrrrrrrr...
    hahaha even "cold bastards" show emotion. I think ranting about morons, stupidity, chewing someone a new one= emotion (not saying you do that but more in general).

ReflecTcelfeR

It could only be the thing that the person is valuing is "fake", because F means value. How much is an object worth and it seems impossible that all things could be equal to an introvert sense the very definition of introversion requires abstraction, thus pointing out what's important... Everyone introverts so at one point importance will be placed upon a certain aspect of the object in question.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    +1

That's the answer for you.

It will appear to be fake to that Fi user - if they are under the assumption that displays of emotion are fake. But will it make it fake? Not necessarily yes and not necessarily no.

What is "more real"? The way a colourblind person views the colour red or the way a non-colourblind person views it? There can't be a definitive objective answer because it changes depending on who is doing the viewing.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    It will appear to be fake to that Fi user - if they are under the assumption that displays of emotion are fake. But will it make it fake? Not necessarily yes and not necessarily no.

What is "more real"? The way a colourblind person views the colour red or the way a non-colourblind person views it? There can't be a definitive objective answer because it changes depending on who is doing the viewing.
    It *feels* fake to Fi as Fi is about the individual truth..and therefore authenticity to yourself and your emotional state, whereas Fe focuses on a goal, and doesn't prioritize their own emotions, but those of the collective in order to get somewhere. To Fi-users, that seems like denying your very soul to breathe, to put it in a flowery way. Since it's a priority and most peopel are unaware of their perspective bias, it seems like lying to yourself, and in the meanwhile, lying to others. Which, can be the case, if Fi disappears to the bottom of the priority pile, but it's not necessarily true. The other person may just deal with their own personal feelings regarding the situation they're in later on, when alone, and meanwhile keeps up a 'facade' or rather, keeps using Fe to accomplish the goal which is more important to them.

In short: it's just another misunderstanding.

Edit: I'm talking about when your own personal feelings do not correspond with those of others and you've still to figure them out at a later time, while meanwhile staying loyal to what others want and helping them execute that goal.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Since Fe is a "shadow" to an Fi type, and shadows are projected, then the feeling of "fakeness" is a projection. That's how you feel when imagining yourself looking at the situation through an objective lens, when your ego thinks humane evaluation should be the realm of the subject.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas