• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spotting Pe, Je, Ji, Pi Traits: What Is Visible

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was thinking about how identifiable certain types of cognitive processes can be and how difficult others are to spot for me personally.

I think both varieties of Pe have an effervescent quality. I feel like encountering Pe-doms is like getting sprayed in the face with psychedelic cotton candy. It doesn't hurt, but it fucks with your vision after awhile.

I think Je has qualities that people in the know can watch for and sink their teeth into. (WTF is it with these food metaphors?) It has a topography that can be navigated and identified, and therefore differentiated as well.

Ji is a bit like an underwater pillar that rings out when struck. It's not visible till you crash face-first into it and you can feel it out.

But Pi... Pi I am really struggling with despite being a Pi-dom. I understand my Ni, but I do not really understand Si. I know what it is. I can spout a definition by rote, but I don't know how to spot it in others. It isn't really visible to me. So I'm struggling to find the common denominator for the sake of spotting it in others if I'm ignorant of their self-identified type. Does anyone have any input on this?

Does Pi fly a Roman standard that's just under my radar? And since we're on metaphors/identification, if you have more refined assessments for how to visually spot any of the above, I'm all ears/eyes.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I was thinking about how identifiable certain types of cognitive processes can be and how difficult others are to spot for me personally.

I think both varieties of Pe have an effervescent quality. I feel like encountering Pe-doms is like getting sprayed in the face with psychedelic cotton candy. It doesn't hurt, but it fucks with your vision after awhile.

I think Je has qualities that people in the know can watch for and sink their teeth into. (WTF is it with these food metaphors?) It has a topography that can be navigated and identified, and therefore differentiated as well.

Ji is a bit like an underwater pillar that rings out when struck. It's not visible till you crash face-first into it and you can feel it out.

But Pi... Pi I am really struggling with despite being a Pi-dom. I understand my Ni, but I do not really understand Si. I know what it is. I can spout a definition by rote, but I don't know how to spot it in others. It isn't really visible to me. So I'm struggling to find the common denominator for the sake of spotting it in others if I'm ignorant of their self-identified type. Does anyone have any input on this?

Does Pi fly a Roman standard that's just under my radar? And since we're on metaphors/identification, if you have more refined assessments for how to visually spot any of the above, I'm all ears/eyes.

I would say that Si bounded in a personal reality just like Ni, but it is a kind of physical stasis. Likening a human to a machine, it is the maintenance aspect of the human body. It is recording all details, physically and abstracting what they wish to attach to them and what they wish to avoid. They are constantly trying to remain in homeostasis. That's why I believe they are mostly correlated towards 9's in enneagram.