User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default Some kind soul, please teach me how to develop Fi.

To put it in different words -
    the thinking pattern of a Fi user. or
    Ti users go after the facts, what do Fi users go after?

Off Topic.
    I envy the people reading skills some SOCIAL, MATURE ISTJs (who associates people) have.

MBTI
    TNT

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

- Become more in tune with your inner ethics. What do you identify as right or wrong aside from what is purely observable? What is your moral philosophy?
    - Become more in tune with what is genuine. When you talk to people, pay attention to your gut when you feel they are not being 'real', or when they are being questionable. How does another person's words and actions correlate with your own (or how you would voice/act on your own)? Can you tell when someone is being authentic? Take subtle cues and combine them with an inner value/moral compass.

'good' Fi leads to stable and admirable character, trustworthiness, accountability, and inner (and subsequently outer) perception.
    'bad' Fi leads to flakiness of character, poor direction of motives and sensing authenticity in others, and inconsistency in moral decisions.

the last part might purely be my own opinion or nonsense entirely, based on what I've drawn from what I've come to know Fi to be.

Riva

^ That was bloody awesome Snug. i have questions. I'll post them tomorrow. I have to go catch some sleep.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

ace and snuggletron are spot on, in my opinion. (Fi user here. )

if we're talking about developing Fi in relating with others... pay attention to facial cues or body language when engaging with others. these cues are an insight to the persons current thoughts or emotions. is the person comfortable, genuinely happy or engaged in the moment, anxious, timid, insecure, aggressive, are they putting up a front, etc? as an Fi user, you not only read these cues, but will often empathize with these emotions yourself. once your able to empathize with the other persons current thought process or emotions, you may be able to figure out ways to adjust the situation at hand or just reach out to the person.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ace and snuggletron are spot on, in my opinion. (Fi user here. )

if we're talking about developing Fi in relating with others... pay attention to facial cues or body language when engaging with others. these cues are an insight to the persons current thoughts or emotions. is the person comfortable, genuinely happy or engaged in the moment, anxious, timid, insecure, aggressive, are they putting up a front, etc? as an Fi user, you not only read these cues, but will often empathize with these emotions yourself. once your able to empathize with the other persons current thought process or emotions, you may be able to figure out ways to adjust the situation at hand or just reach out to the person.
    Definitely. Also, seeing you're an Se user, I'd be inclined to (and from reading your post) believe you focus a lot on how the person is acting and speaking. I mentioned this in my post but sometimes the cues aren't physically present. I'm already going over what could be going on, and comparing it to what's usual. If I don't know the person I'm less likely to judge them in such a way, but I'll compare how they come off to what I innately know as right/wrong/on/off.

For example, I have this INFJ friend I have known my entire life. In recent months he's been posting a lot of things on FB that I would deem out of his character. I don't see how he acts because I don't hang out with him. In fact, when I last saw him I was taking an American Politics class with him and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Lately, I notice he is going through some transformation stage marked by calling attention to his goals, self-righteousness, and way he treats and responds to others. Some of the posts are kind of uppity and dismissive, but they're unnecessary. I immediately thought of this program one of his older roommates let him in on, like one of those books that delves into the psychology of how to 'push buttons' in yourself to gain attraction from women and gain influence and etc.. Sure enough, a few days ago he posted something like a sort of status poll asking his female friends what was more attractive, dominant males or submissive ones. However, this was only posted to confirm his idea of what is attractive and what should be displayed (he dismissed all of the other opinions basically). It all seems very cheesy to me, and forced. I don't ever mention this though, I just notice it and keep it in mind.

Probably Fi users would go after values, finding your own set of values, morals, etc. Look at what is important to you, the kinds of people you admire, things like that. Which kinds of inner principles, such as kindness or sincerity, guide your actions?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I think its about constantly questioning and reflecting on the world around you. Instead of making assumptions or simply accepting things as they appear, you closely evaluate people's behaviour, mentally challenge the social mores, question your own principles; decide for yourself what are things really about and how you really feel about them.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP

Fi - for me it's all about internal integrity. Much of the time my own internal lineup is a bit out of sync with the societal norms around me.

Some of the stuff mentioned here I can identify with. You guys make me question whether I'm Fi (again). I just break my own limits at times. So much is conditional, and I'm not sure whether to chalk that up to T or Percieving. I don't think I have core values, other than basic humanitarian concerns.