User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My mom is INTJ but I don't really notice any negative feelings towards INTJs in general. I wouldn't be surprised if my ESFP sister has negative feelings towards NTJs with an INTJ mother and ENTJ father. She hates how my parents try to understand every aspect of our lives and she argues with all of us over how none of us do things the right way.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ----

my mum is an ISTJ. i don't dislike that type because of it. she is our J-anchor - the rest of my family are quite P.

i was raised amongst IXTXs... we don't talk about our feelings much. i was suspcious of feelers for a long time - i felt like they were trying to manipulate me with their emoting and opening up

mum - ISTJ
    dad - INTP
    older brother - ISTP

i was always the fruity/different attention seeking one, but can converse most naturally with dad. strangely my whole family are also left handed and i'm right. i think i might have turned out to be more gregarious if there was another E in my family to bounce off.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my mother is an infj and i have a very positive view of the type...she's otherworldly beautiful deep down in her soul.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

My mom is ESFJ. I tend to get along well with other ESFJ females who are older than I am, so I would say it has had a positive effect My mom and I are extremely different but very close. She is open minded and accepting of my weirdness so it works. We talk about a lot of things and we can turn to each other for support. I wouldn't say we have a ton of deep discussions, but I can get that from my INTJ husband and my N type friends!
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    GONE

I think mothers are often mis-typed by their children. Just like you would mist-type a co-worker because you only see them in one specific context. I think it is only much later in life (and even then not always) that we start to see our parents as their own persons, apart from their relationship with us or feel comfortable learning about their whole life (including what they were like before marriage or before rearing us)

I see a lot of people on the forum type their mothers as Fe doms. That seems to be an over-representation of Fe doms for moms. Particularly, there are more XSFJ moms than any other type. ^_^

I think assuming a mom job is to be protective and nurturing (or overbearing :P) and take on "XSFJ traits" might help suss out what type your mother really was or is.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ There are also more SFJ women than any other type.....something between 30-35% of women are said to be SFJ.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ There are also more SFJ women than any other type.....something between 30-35% of women are said to be SFJ.
    Now that is a LOT of women... I was wondering why I kept seeing ESFJ!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

As much as 40%-50% of the population is SJ, and while SFJ women are most common I seriously don't understand also when people say they've never met an SFJ man. I'm like

I dunno, maybe SFJ men are more common in the South for some reason, either due to culture or a particular kind of overrepresented genetic thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I just admitted that some genes are "overrepresented" in the South.

That's a nice way of putting it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yes, I just admitted that some genes are "overrepresented" in the South.

That's a nice way of putting it.
    I think it's just that so many people in the south seem ESFJ, because "southern hospitality" pretty much means "acting ESFJ"
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!