User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like making small talk with bank employees?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an I and I agree with Bill.

15 48.39%
  • I'm an I and I agree with Melissa.

8 25.81%
  • I'm an E and I agree with Bill.

2 6.45%
  • I'm an E and I agree with Melissa.

6 19.35%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I really don't mind a little chit chat but I find it very annoying when store clerks are too busy chatting with one another to pay attention to the customer. When store clerks put their hands out for the money and they are not even looking at me, I put the money on the counter. Store clerks don't have to be my best friend but they also don't have to treat me as if I barely exist.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I would probably make chit chat with a brick wall if given the chance... I just love people. They fascinate me. I'm always wondering what someone finds interesting, what they enjoy to make small talk about, what they really want to say, but can't.... Yeah, I'm that person that would probably drive all the Is insane with my curiosity....

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I am an "introvert" but am also very curious and love to hear people tell me their stories. You would not drive me insane at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh View Post
    I would probably make chit chat with a brick wall if given the chance... I just love people. They fascinate me. I'm always wondering what someone finds interesting, what they enjoy to make small talk about, what they really want to say, but can't.... Yeah, I'm that person that would probably drive all the Is insane with my curiosity....
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

I like short, fluffy exchanges with strangers. Makes me warm inside a little bit.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

What's funny to me about it is that the people who like to chit-chat with other people are thought of as nice, while the people who don't like it are thought of as douchebags. But if you could understand the PAIN the chit-chatty people put the douche-bags through, you wouldn't think they were nice at all.

(I know, I know, it's me who's dysfunctional so I have to grin and bear it, but thank god for internet shopping.)

P.S. Should douchebags be hypenated? Or maybe it's two words. Anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I have an awesome duffle bag that I refer to as my d-bag.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well, I'm not at all a fan of the smalltalk, and would prefer to just go about my business without interacting with salespeople, but I don't see their role as 'bad' per se, either. Just not for me. I think I convey pretty clearly though that I'm not interested in chatting, as I just smile or give a short answer or whatever..but basically my body language doesn't encourage them to continue.

Sometimes though if the person is just totally pleasant/lively (one of those people who just seems so utterly genuine and humorous that they're infectious and you can't not respond warmly to them) -- usually goes hand in hand with them not taking their job overly seriously -- then I'll banter with them a bit more and - *gasp* - might even enjoy myself or be perked up by their goodwill.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I use my music player strategically and it helps avoid uninvited attention 90% of the time, and the rest of the time a "no thanks" or even a head shake works well. Religious avoidance of eye contact is probably a big factor, too.

Not when I'm actually at the cashier/teller/whatever though, that's rude. Always bugged me when people did that (music, phones, whatever...) when I was a cashier.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I'd probably think Bill had a bad day. Poor Bill D=

So I agree with Melissa. xD

I like random little chats like that, I don't really care if it's about how amazing the lamp on the roof is

But I very rarely do it tough, sometimes in the bus or something like that

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post

Hehehe I don't know, but that made me laugh.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/