• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Expanding upon MBTI through percent differentientations

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to define how your percents make you different within your type. I think we can all agree that a 50% feeling scorer is going to be different from a 100% feeling scorer. This is how it's going to be set up-

-INTROVERSION-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-EXTROVERSION-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-INTUITION-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-SENSING-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-FEELING-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-THINKING-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-PERCEIVING-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

-JUDGING-

85-100% -
65-80% -
50-65% -

Hopefully this will define things in a clearer way for people, point out some differences within types, and just in general more precisely define people. What do you think?

Engler

MBTI Type
Enneagram
N/A
I support what you are trying to do, but aren't percent differentiations, for the most part, self-explanatory?

That is, you would expect someone who considers themselves to be 78% introverted to be moderately introverted, with certain extroverted tendencies/traits.

Of course, if you plan on explaining percent differentiations based upon your experience with people of different percentages (rather than on theoretical differences), then you might be able to go into specifics, and provide some enlightening descriptions.

Either way, go for it!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I support what you are trying to do, but aren't percent differentiations, for the most part, self-explanatory?

That is, you would expect someone who considers themselves to be 78% introverted to be moderately introverted, with certain extroverted tendencies/traits.

Of course, if you plan on explaining percent differentiations based upon your experience with people of different percentages (rather than on theoretical differences), then you might be able to go into specifics, and provide some enlightening descriptions.

Either way, go for it!

Yeah they do seem to be self explanatory... but then you have the type descriptions which don't really specify these differences. They are just sort of "inferred", and I want to actually define these. It's unclear to start with. It shouldn't take long... I just have to type it up. I'll probably do that today and get a rough draft posted.

Bolded- precisely. I plan to go into specifics.

Jaguar

Of course I agree with you.
There are many people who fall more to the center of the poles.
To think someone who is close to 100% N,
would be the same as someone like me (or you) who falls more in the middle of S/N, is absurd.

Trust me, there are people who actually think otherwise.
Then they scratch their heads wondering why all XXXX's aren't alike.

You have my support!

Edit: WTH am I thinking? I forgot to mention the functions.
On those percentage tests, how do we know if each test is slanted toward Se or Si? Ne or Ni?
There's so many of those percentage type tests online, everyone takes different ones.
No wonder the results can vary.