User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That might be chilling to an ENTJ, who are often bad at hiding their real motivations.
    We're basic creatures: an ENTJ wants to climb a tree, the says "I want to climb the tree", then climbs the tree.

An ENFJ sitting amongst her fabulous group of friends wants to climb a tree. She spends the next half hour talking about how wonderful and nobel tree-climbing is and all the health benefits of tree climbing. Her friends, inspired, all go ahead and climb the tree, have a great time, come back and find the ENFJ sitting where they left. When they ask the ENFJ why she didnt climb the tree, she'll roll her eyes and say "Guys, just because I said that tree climbing was interesting didn't mean we should actually do it. How vulgar." At which point all the friends of the ENFJ feel silly because they didnt know that themselves. Sillier, in fact than the ENFJ herself, who didn't have it in her to climb the tree at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    ^ For you, I should add I would just be careful these are not misinterpreted in a romantic way.
    Well I do love the ladies....

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    We're basic creatures: an ENTJ wants to climb a tree, the says "I want to climb the tree", then climbs the tree.

An ENFJ sitting amongst her fabulous group of friends wants to climb a tree. She spends the next half hour talking about how wonderful and nobel tree-climbing is and all the health benefits of tree climbing. Her friends, inspired, all go ahead and climb the tree, have a great time, come back and find the ENFJ sitting where they left. When they ask the ENFJ why she didnt climb the tree, she'll roll her eyes and say "Guys, just because I said that tree climbing was interesting didn't mean we should actually do it. How vulgar." At which point all the friends of the ENFJ feel silly because they didnt know that themselves. Sillier, in fact than the ENFJ herself, who didn't have it in her to climb the tree at all.
    I think the entj conquers the tree Dominant Te is so beautiful.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Man some of the things said about Fe in this thread are puzzling to me. Take this example:

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

Fe power at its most subversive
    Most leaders (especially in times past) are thinkers. If what you are describing here is technically Fe, then it is not Fe as used by xxFJ types. For xxFJ types the various gestures they do are expressions of their values. If anything what you are describing is an attempt to manipulate the xxFJ types since they are the most likely to respond to social pressures.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

You guys would be proud of me! I think I am learning the ways of Fe. I sat through a whole Fe gushy meeting today and actually was appreciative of how the different folks were using it. I am learning so much.

This seems beneficial so here are a few more scenarios:

One about tertiary Fe:
    An ESTP girl that I am close friends with says she cares about people very much and that typically everytime she does something she thinks about how it will effect those around her before she does it. Yet she has a fiance in canada, a boy in mexico, a boy in california, a boy in colorado and a boy in austin. Initially she will tell them it is not exclusive, however they will all eventually want to be exclusive. After some pressure she just tells them they are-even though she has a harem. She says "I care about all of them, but it only makes them unhappy if I tell the truth so I just don't after they complain a bit, and now they are all happy"

Fi says lies are kinda evil and that she is really hurting these guys emo wise. My guess is that with her Fe she really does care, but that maintaining social harmony and happiness makes telling the lies easier. Am I correct on this one? How would a (granted immature) tert Fe justify this?

One more scenario:

I recently was part of about a 200 person team that completed a major project. At the end of the project the subject of awards came up.

I wanted to give five awards to the folks who killed themselves for the project.
    My ENTP best friend wanted to give out thirty awards as not to leave a whole bunch of other people out so we got in an Fe-Te war.

Our ISFJ Marcom person wanted to give out 100 awards.

Our ESFJ marcom person wanted everyone on the team to get awards-all 200 of them.

I keep running into this on issues of recognition/awards. Fe seems to think entire groups should get recognized and not individuals, where folks with Te think you are diluting the award when everyone gets one.

Is this an Fe theme? If so, why should everyone get one?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Man some of the things said about Fe in this thread are puzzling to me. Take this example:

Most leaders (especially in times past) are thinkers. If what you are describing here is technically Fe, then it is not Fe as used by xxFJ types. For xxFJ types the various gestures they do are expressions of their values. If anything what you are describing is an attempt to manipulate the xxFJ types since they are the most likely to respond to social pressures.
    Just because you're not primarily Fe doesn't mean you can't exert Fe power. Look at all the obligatory speech there - you're obliged to defend your country against it's enemies. Dissenters are violating their sacred obligation to their country. That's very Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

One more scenario:

I recently was part of about a 200 person team that completed a major project. At the end of the project the subject of awards came up.

I wanted to give five awards to the folks who killed themselves for the project.
    My ENTP best friend wanted to give out thirty awards as not to leave a whole bunch of other people out so we got in an Fe-Te war.

Our ESFJ marcom person wanted everyone on the team to get awards-all 200 of them.

I keep running into this on issues of recognition/awards. Fe seems to think entire groups should get recognized and not individuals, where folks with Te think you are diluting the award when everyone gets one.

What was the project about, out of curiosity?

Only give out five! Make the rest aim towards that selective recognition.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Seems you have to decide for the first time in your life, what side to take ? the side of the Ones that really did accomplish something or the side of the Ones who say: everyone gave their best
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    One more scenario:

I don't think people should receive undeserved recognition unless there's some benefit to doing that.

Will it improve morale? People will sometimes work harder just because they were shown appreciation. I'll sometimes shine a light on someone with potential ... even when the potential is not fully realized. Then they start to grow.

But if they're just a bunch of lazy, apathetic, talentless people, I wouldn't give them anything.