123 Last

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

Default 76 Personality types?

Taking the Myers-Brigg test, I had come out as an INFJ, though very close on the J/P axis. Which made sense, as neither the INFP or INFJ descriptions seemed to fully describe me. A good friend of mine had also attested that my behaviors were closer to that of a J, while my values were more in line with that of a P. After looking extensively for some type of personality description for a person who was borderline on that axis, I found the term INFx, though very little information on what being INFx connoted. I also found a site on the cognitive functions, which I used to combine the patterns for INFJ and INFP into the pattern for an INFx.
    After that, I thought Id figure out the patterns for all the possible type combinations using x as a third possibility for each of the four axes. I had the shadow functions wrong at first because my initial strategy of combining the patterns was to use the functions where they first occurred and then strike them out the second time, but after reading the descriptions of functions in their various positions (using the function descriptions on Wikisocion) I realized that I was making a mistake with the patterns. (Plus that way a lot of the other patterns better mimic the structure of the original 16).
    The tables below are the 76 patterns I concluded exist. I got the numbers working from the idea that like the basic patterns, all the numbers in the pattern should add up to 36 and that working inward the functions can be grouped into sets of nine. These patterns weren't meant to represent individuals whove shifted between different types, like a friend of mine who has been ENFP and an INFP at different times in her life and currently has the pattern of an ENFP except with Fi also in first position.

I've observed a lot of these patterns in real life, though now i feel like I've been limiting my awareness of individuals by choosing to view them from the perspective of type. I'm actually posting this theory because I'm prone to obsessive analysis and the awareness of this has shattered my autonomy. i'm hoping that posting this will restore that to me by giving me an outlet so I can stop thinking about it.

Sorry if this was rambling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

your resident asshole

Well, that certainly must have took a lot of thinking. I'm curious of what this document is, but I can't seem to open it. I can't find the right encoding to make the file readable. =(

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Microsoft Word.

I opened it up and cried because I have no idea what it all means D:
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

your resident asshole

Is it readable?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    two
    Socionics
    ESE

I like this idea, though I don't know enough about Te Ni and the like to understand the table. I often feel like a ENFJ/P so the idea of a new type that really fits me is appealing. Kudos on making the effort by the way.
    -There is nothing either good nor ill but thinking makes it so.

your resident asshole

Can someone make a notepad document of this? I can't open it on my computer for some reason. In Microsoft Word it says there's an encoding problem and I can open it in Microsoft Works, but the table is distorted and messed up.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

It has a large graphical component, notepad wouldn't be able to open it.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

your resident asshole

Erm... then is there any other type of document you could post it in? I would really like to see what's in that document.

MBTI
    IXFX
    Enneagram
    tert
    Socionics
    iary

If you tell me what's a better (more universally openable) file extension I'll try to convert it. I'll try to explain this more clearly if any of it's confusing. What I did was to find all the combinations if each axis can have a third variable, x, meaning that a person is borderline between the other two variables. For S and N, T and F, and J and P, it would probably be a trait the person had a percentage of between 50 and 60% on, as it's in the middle, although of course a person won't necessarily register as that. For E and I that doesn't work because E and I isn't necessarily how social you are but where more of your energy comes from, so that involves more guesswork. Again, what I did to figure out the patterns (the second time, and the way I believe is correct) was to list all the function patterns for the types the person is (or might be) borderline on, in the order of E before I, S before N, T before F, and S before N. then I counted out four functions (if it evenly comes out to four) or five functions, with the understanding that the last two are borderline between primary and secondary. Then I went to the end, and counted out the same number (three if there are two borderline) from the end, not counting functions that already appeared in the first primary functions. Then I crossed out all the repetitions in the middle. You might want to try this yourself- it might make more sense. I figured out the numbers for the functions so that all the numbers added up to six, where you can count out groups of nine as you work toward the middle (like the basic sixteen functions). Some of these subtypes have a trait subverted, although some people likely develop their lacking traits normally growing up where they encounter circumstances that require them. I am an INFx who's not very developed in her thinking or sensing. Which is funny because I want to be a writer, and I have trouble writing (on a large scale, not this) because I lack structure or detail.
    as far as understanding this, I kind of try to envision the ideology of the personality, and I work from examples to get a better understanding of the type overall. I work from both what functions should be present and the letters to try to figure people out. Wikisocion, although some of it seems really hokey, has really good function descriptions where it tells you what the function does in each place. The only problem is that, working from the 16 types, it assumes that if one function is somewhere, other functions have to be somewhere else (for example, that if Si is in 7th place, that it has to be behind Se). The stuff about the static and dynamic functions also makes sense. (on that site, you can just type the function abbreviations in the search box).
    If there are any other questions you have, I can answer them. Again, somebody tell me a better file type to convert the page to.

garbage

Opened it up and re-saved it.. said some features were incompatible with Word 97/2003 but it seems to be just fine. This may or may not work..

Haven't had a chance to look over it in detail yet, but it looks interesting.