Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It is both interesting and kinda cool that this thread is currently rather flooded with INTJs. Very interesting...

(actually INTs are often misunderstood and possibly the Js a little moreso?)
    Well, I think an INTP is more enjoyable to be around to SP types because they, too, tend to enjoy things more. I guess SPs value them for their knowledge and easy-going approach, but they're afraid to confront the xNTJ because he/she has more of a temper. P's probably perceive xNTJs as assholes because they seem angry. SJ's perceive xNTJs as rude because of their cynicism.

MBTI
    INTJ

I noticed the same, toonia. I also noticed the "similar threads" at the bottom of the page - Intros by INTJs ...

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It is both interesting and kinda cool that this thread is currently rather flooded with INTJs. Very interesting...

(actually INTs are often misunderstood and possibly the Js a little moreso?)
    The whole board has been flooded with 'em lately. WHO'S WITH ME FOR A GOOD OLD-FASHIONED PURGING???
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My type? That would be INFJ. How am I misunderstood? Well, a lot of people think I'm boring, rigid, pedantic, and too anxious. I see my own behavior as safe, correct, courteous, and cautious. The difference is in the perspective.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    My type? That would be INFJ. How am I misunderstood? Well, a lot of people think I'm boring, rigid, pedantic, and too anxious. I see my own behavior as safe, correct, courteous, and cautious. The difference is in the perspective.
    INxJs are actually even more cautious than ISxJs, methinks. An INxJ's cautiousness can sometimes border on paranoia because of Ni's obsessive over-thinking.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't really care so much that I'm misunderstood by most people, since I have a couple people close to me that understand me fairly well. That and it's pretty cool being able to understand others better than they understand you. Having said that here are a few things that you can learn about ENTP's.

1) ENTP's naturally understand almost everything about the world (except one thing). This means, for example, that I will always understand you better than you understand me. However, the one thing that is hard for an ENTP to understand is him/herself.

2) ENTP's often play the devil's advocate. They argue a lot (often for fun), but may or may not believe in the side they are arguing.

3) ENTP's lose focus easily. On a message board we'll stop posting about a topic before other types think the discussion is over. Also our friends might feel slighted if we haven't talked to them in a while. Really it's not personal, we're just distracted with too many other things to remember.

4) ENTP confidence is probably mistaken for arrogance often times.

There that is enough secrets for now. I can't give them all away.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Does anyone think that forum derailing is partly the Intuitive function at work?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Does anyone think that forum derailing is partly the Intuitive function at work?
    Probably. As is evidenced by your seemingly random question, which was probably caused by the idea randomly popping into your head. And while it LOOKS like derailing to everyone else, it makes perfect sense to you because there are ever-so-subtle associations between the alleged derailment and the original topic.

And just to rerail this recent derail:

I think INFJs tend to get mistaken for being friendlier than they intend to be. That's not the say that we're assholes or snooty or anything...just we don't really want to be as close as other people think. I think a lot of people don't realise that we're really playing our cards close to the vest, because we may tend to share personal information.

MBTI
    INFP

People tend to think I'm sweet and innocent because I'm reserved and polite. And that I'm a big pushover.

Actually, I will step up to the plate to defend myself (or my loved ones) or my values if need be. And there's a difference between being a pushover and simply giving credit where credit is due (and I happen to believe EVERYONE has at least one thing they do exceptionally well, and therefore everyone deserves a pat on the back every once in awhile). I'm a big believer in positive reinforcement and the impact it has on productivity, enthusiasm, and morale.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well, I think an INTP is more enjoyable to be around to SP types because they, too, tend to enjoy things more. I guess SPs value them for their knowledge and easy-going approach, but they're afraid to confront the xNTJ because he/she has more of a temper. P's probably perceive xNTJs as assholes because they seem angry. SJ's perceive xNTJs as rude because of their cynicism.
    Point 1: Is there any reference in MBTI analysis regarding temper and type? It's my understanding that is not related. I don't have a temper at all. I guess that is one of the stereotypes that wearies me. I like to kid around and people will sometimes take it seriously. There is actually suggestion to the contrary for INFJs in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Berens, Ernst, and Smith
    They realize the importance of keeping their emotions in check and not saying things that can damage relationships.

Point 2: INFJs come to decisions easily when it is coherent with their world view. They also are intrigued by spontaneity and can love to break with routine. SJs are more systematic and find derailment of any sort more unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by Berens, Ernst, and Smith
    How INFJs Make Decisions
    They tend to make decisions rather quickly if new information matches the vision. If it does not, they will want time to integrate the information into their vision and adjust the vision or reject the information. They might be prone to inaction when they get overwhelmed with the physical realities of a situation or when they have no idea of what the next step should be.

How INFJs Respond to Change
    When a change does not match their vision of what is going to happen, they must trust that others are really looking out for the good of the people. This will help them adjust their vision, especially if accompanied by a good argument with a strong rationale and with new insights and evidence.

They often come to team relationships with pre-established expectations but are willing to change if met with new information or new teammates.

Point 3: Another area of frustration comes from assumptions about INFJs as subjective, emotional thinkers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berens and Nardi
    The quest for more knowledge...the meaning of life, the philosophical questions, my mind is always occupied, and what is exciting is when I get to follow through with an insight and do something. I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives.
    Very often in an online discussion my purpose is abstract and distanced. Personal examples are only assumed to be imperfect fragments that suggest a more abstract theory. Many times people will assume my statements are directed at them in a personal way when nothing could be further from my mind. It always shocks me a little and I take care to correct the misunderstanding. I have at times wished I had an NT by my name assuming this misunderstanding would occur less often. I believe I also read someplace that INFJs are one of the most abstract of all the types. I would agree with that for my case. I purposefully avoid thinking in personal terms for the emotional sake of others and because the individual is far too complex to represent all. That is why a principle may be extracted from a single individual or event, but it only has meaning in more universal terms since there is no way to address the vast amount of personal details that apply to one person.

Of course it's entirely possible i have an INTJ twist to me. Ni is definitely dominant and Se not so much. Perhaps the whole Ti Te Fi Fe bit play ring-around-the-rosey inbetween. doot-a-doot-a-doo-doo...
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)