Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Halla74

Interesting!
    Quite.

False, this has nothing to do with seduction - it's how we pursue anything that we are interested in, or committed to.
    Most Sx/So people with a healthy mindset will be more apt to communicate interest in another person, for seduction is many times associated with an ulterior motive, and we're too damn impatient to waste time with such shite.
    Based on what you just said, what I just said WASN'T false because you just said that it's how you pursue anything that you are interested or committed to. So with seduction, you are clearly interested in the person of your choosing and you still pursue them in the way that I just described. So this in turn, would in fact, make my statement true, not false.

Again, what isn't "in your face" about Sx/So norms of communication and self-expression?
    There's rarely a need to guess about how we feel about anything - whether we're hungry, thirsty, bored, having fun, or as we're discussing at present - interested in another
    Exactly.

There are some people who come across as creepy when they ask for a glass of water.
    As far as sexy is concerned, beauty (and thus attraction) is in the eye of the beholder, and thus unless there is some ironclad evidence that there is strong romantic attraction between two people, then any communication from on to the other that is in the realm of expressing intense romantic attraction has a huge probability of landing on "creepy" and a slim chance in hell of being "sexy."
    We know where we stand with all things, we are able to communicate this to others in very short order, and we are also very much able to determine what amount of any sentiments we've expressed have been requited - and to what degree we should pursue them, and at what time. This goes for matters that are platonic, business related, or romantic. We don't waste time. It is not our nature.
    Yes, I agree that both the Sx/sp and the Sx/so both can come off as creepy because they are both so intense. However, I think that Sx/so comes off much creepier because their style is so much more direct and in-your-face. The sx/sp seduction style is much more subtle, so it isn't really as creepy.

I call bullshit on this - TOTAL BULLSHIT in fact.
    Will we walk up to a group of people totally unknown to us and introduce ourselves, and integrate with their conversation? Yes, absolutely.
    We'll maintain harmony with the members of that group, and if any within that group wish to socialize with us outside the boundaries of the group we met them - that's fine, and if they wish to return to their group with or without us, that's great too.
    We don't need to steal people out of groups. We are at one with the world around us, at peace with ourselves, and with all others - whether as individuals or in a group of some kind.
    We are the real deal "people people" - our experiences with others are treasured, and so it makes jack-shit of any sense whatsoever that we'd try to socially engineer division within an existing group of people for any reason. That is against everything we stand for.
    Well I wasn't entirely 100% sure on that one. Thank you for clarifying that for me. I actually am considering a sx/so variant stack for myself and I relate a lot to what you say here.

Again, unhealthy and selfishly intended people are capable of many bad things, but I hardly think that has anything to do with an Sx/So person's default means of expressing romantic interest in another person. The scenario described above is the head-game playing shite of so many bad movies and TV shows. Blech.

FYI - none of the above is disgruntlement directed at you; I simply don't agree with how the material in the OP categorizes people who are Sx/So, or their intentions or mechanisms of expressing romantic interest. It's far too general, and it is skewed at describing patterns of behavior typically utilized by selfish, dishonest, unhealthy people.
    Perhaps I should have rephrased. They don't tend to use the group as a pawn just to attract a mate necessarily, it's just that they often use it as a means to attract mates. They don't always use it in a parasitic way.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have been investigating the seduction styles of various individuals with various enneagram variant combinations. Here is what I've noticed about how each enneagram stack seduces people....
    Thank-you, this is pretty good.

I relate to sp/sx and sx/sp here and that just confirms what I thought, I thought I was sx/sp (sp/sx less likely). I relate to a tiny little bit of sx/so here as well, I can be subtle but I can be direct as well... so I relate to an extent, except for the part of making my own group.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    SeNi
    Enneagram
    8+7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SeTi

Don't be scarred. Just do it. Anyway, no I can't type you by music. Certain variant stackings give off a certain type of energy, and I want to try to match your energy to a variant stacking. Just create a video of you talking about yourself or whatever. It doesn't matter what you say really because I'll just observe your energy overall.
    You still got this offering? :P

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hi there.
    Upon reading it again, I recognize that part of my initial reply was less than perfectly clear.
    Thus, you mis-read what I wrote.

This is likely due to:

(a) Focusing on the poorly worderd sentence of my initial reply,
    (b) Evaluating that sentence in isolation, and thus out of context with the rest of the same reply, and
    (c) Not recognizing the common theme of (all) my replies to your post.

Please see below...

From your original post - you stated...

The sexual/social style of seduction is almost like a tiger hunting for prey.
    ...to which I replied:

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    False, this has nothing to do with seduction - it's how we pursue anything that we are interested in, or committed to.
    I did not mean to imply or equivocate "seduction" (as in seducing someone) with "interested in" or being "committed to" another person.
    If you read all else I wrote without the first sentence of my first reply, I think that is very clear.

What I did not communicate clearly is the Sx/So predisposition of "intensity."

To elaborate a bit on this - Sx/So people are intense. However, "intensity" is not a bad thing.
    In my opinion "seduction" is in most cases "not admirable." The concept of "seduction" is not rooted in sincerity.
    That is not the case for "intensity" - people can be very intense, and very sincere without either compromising the integrity of the other.

Based on what you just said, what I just said WASN'T false because you just said that it's how you pursue anything that you are interested or committed to.
    Right, as noted above that's my error.

Reading the rest of my replies clarifies my feelings on this subject, as referenced below:

Most Sx/So people with a healthy mindset will be more apt to communicate interest in another person, for seduction is many times associated with an ulterior motive, and we're too damn impatient to waste time with such shite.
    ...and...

Again, unhealthy and selfishly intended people are capable of many bad things, but I hardly think that has anything to do with an Sx/So person's default means of expressing romantic interest in another person. The scenario described above is the head-game playing shite of so many bad movies and TV shows. Blech.
    ...and...

FYI - none of the above is disgruntlement directed at you; I simply don't agree with how the material in the OP categorizes people who are Sx/So, or their intentions or mechanisms of expressing romantic interest. It's far too general, and it is skewed at describing patterns of behavior typically utilized by selfish, dishonest, unhealthy people.
    In closing -

Definitions of words used in the original post that should be clearly defined from an objective source. Words I deem negative, or of bad intention as discussed in this topic are in red; words I deem positive, or of good intention as discussed in this topic are in blue.

se·duc·tion
    [si-duhk-shuhn]
    FROM: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/seduction?s=t
    noun
    1. an act or instance of seducing, especially sexually.
    2. the condition of being seduced.
    3. a means of seducing; enticement; temptation.

prey
    [prey]
    noun
    1. an animal hunted or seized for food, especially by a carnivorous animal.
    2. a person or thing that is the victim of an enemy, a swindler, a disease, etc.; gull.
    3. the action or habit of preying: a beast of prey.
    4. Archaic. booty or plunder.

verb (used without object)
    5. to seize and devour prey, as an animal does (usually followed by on or upon ): Foxes prey on rabbits.
    6. to make raids or attacks for booty or plunder: The Vikings preyed on coastal settlements.
    7. to exert a harmful or destructive influence: His worries preyed upon his mind.
    8. to victimize another or others (usually followed by on or upon ): loan sharks that prey upon the poor.

in·ter·est
    [in-ter-ist, -trist]
    FROM: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interest?s=t
    noun
    1. the feeling of a person whose attention, concern, or curiosity is particularly engaged by something: She has a great interest in the poetry of Donne.
    2. something that concerns, involves, draws the attention of, or arouses the curiosity of a person: His interests are philosophy and chess.
    3. power of exciting such concern, involvement, etc.; quality of being interesting: political issues of great interest.
    4. concern; importance: a matter of primary interest.
    5. a business, cause, or the like in which a person has a share, concern, responsibility, etc.

com·mit
    [kuh-mit]
    FROM: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/committed?s=t
    verb (used with object), com·mit·ted, com·mit·ting.
    1. to give in trust or charge; consign.
    2. to consign for preservation: to commit ideas to writing; to commit a poem to memory.
    3. to pledge (oneself) to a position on an issue or question; express (one's intention, feeling, etc.): Asked if he was a candidate, he refused to commit himself.
    4. to bind or obligate, as by pledge or assurance; pledge: to commit oneself to a promise; to be committed to a course of action.
    5. to entrust, especially for safekeeping; commend: to commit one's soul to God.

Please let me know if anything above needs additional clarification.

Cheers,

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

sx/so-definitely my ex. he manipulated his way into our social group and hunted me down. i also worry he may be slightly sociopathic.

the sp/sx+sx/sp is definitely right for me.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@valaki

Thank-you, this is pretty good.

I relate to sp/sx and sx/sp here and that just confirms what I thought, I thought I was sx/sp (sp/sx less likely). I relate to a tiny little bit of sx/so here as well, I can be subtle but I can be direct as well... so I relate to an extent, except for the part of making my own group.
    No problem. I posted it to help folks in the first place.

You still got this offering? :P
    Yes either create a thread on it and invite me or PM me the video.

@Halla74

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Ok thanks for clearing that up.
    No sweat, Bro.
    I walk fast, talk fast, think fast, and type fast - and sometimes - I mess up.

Have a great evening! [no pun intended]

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

OMG! So true! yuck! I'm creepy!!! Noooooooooo!!!! LOL!!!
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    ISTP

I actually had a conversation a while ago about this kind of stuff with an sx first 6 who had previously been interested in me, as well as with my 8w9 ex (also sx first), and apparently both appreciated how I wasn't trying to hit on them or get in their pants and I could talk about anything. I guess my seduction style is defined by the lack of seduction attempts.

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

I enjoy playing the 'I seeee you' game in a group with identified prey

But I also don't disrupt the group for that; it's more of a hide and seek with the other person. Having them in that group is handy as it provides information as to who they are when they interact with others, so I'll only 'steal' a person once I've determined they are in fact what I want. And even then, I'll usually wait till the group breaks apart and I run into them naturally afterwards, as to not spook them.

Direct, open and bombastic 'seduction' is more likely to be a performance to push the prey's buttons and entertain the group, and less likely to be serious on my part - unless I recognise it is a style the prey will find irresistible. Most of the time though, the guys I find interesting like to make the first actual move though, so the 'I see you' game is perfect.

AS for Sx-sp being subtle - I haven't met the right sx-sps then

Yes, they don't play the group - in fact, they ignore the group and go straight for what they want - only to bolt when they're 2 inches away from it, OR , after they've claimed it and realise they are too close and therefore vulnerable. Personally, I'd say my style is more smooth, but hey

As for sp-sx, they tend to do the observing behind their fence thing. They tend to see the 'I seeee you' game, but decide it's either not aimed at them or refuse to be up for it. Often it does put you on their radar though, and after that all you have to do is be near them, so they can collect data. After they're done - which can seem forever, and leave you convinced they re just not that into you - they'll suddenly jump and 'acquire' you, without hesitation. Total flip. And they also don't come back on that decision. Target acquired, basically.

Anycase, that's how I've experienced seduction from those types.

Other sx-so's tend to be...interesting. They tend to do what I call the 'vortex' - and it makes me wonder if I do the same without really realising. While they play the 'I see you' game, and going about their business in the group, they tend to 'shine' like a star, intensifying their energy, and pulling you nearer - often with an evil glint in their eyes. While it is very fun to play, I have kind of..recognize it as familiar and see the smoke and mirrors in place - since I use the same set up, and ...well, often sort of lose interest there. My first was sx-so though, so I mean, there is no denying the pull, but I do find that you end up being more competitors in the relationship than anything else. Sure, it can be supercharged and intensified and highly addictive in that way, but a tad predictable and often generates an unhealthy bond.

Sp-so's and so-sp's...especially so-sp's often tend to look at me with fear or dismay or so it feels, so there is rarely any seduction there. Also, they tend to temper my buzz naturally coz its uncomfortable to them. Still, what experience I have had shows that an so-sp will make you feel very much part of the group, and tend specifically to your comfort in that group environment. It's the 'gentleman' kind of seduction, I find, for both types. One emphasises you being his queen in front of the group and providing you with everything you need through that, while the other makes sure you are surrounded by everything you could need physical-comfort-wise, and surrounding you with his loved ones. Incredibly sweet, slow and steady approach with a very warm and kind spirited vibe. It's very 'a gentleman calling on his lady', I find
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast