• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crazy Idea for a Desert Recipe

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So recently I got this insane idea for a recipe, and so far the couple of people I have told about it said the idea was gross. But since the opinion of two people isn't really much to go on I wanted the opinions of what others might think:

The idea I had was to make a banana bread mix, but rather than use the mix stuff in a pre-packaged store brand mix, why not blend together actual bananas, strawberries, and grapes together until liquidfied, and mix that with flour and other typical ingrediants. Then bake said items in the form of cupcakes, and for frosting use a homemade version that consists of a mix of maple syrup and cocoa powder. Would this be good, or not?

I have some interest in starting cooking (or at least creating my own recipes) and I want to know if I should get started on such a thing. Any and all opinions would be desirable, thanks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sounds like fun...just play around and see if it's any good. the cocoa powder and maple syrup doesn't sound so good...just...the consistency might be off...but maybe if you added a bit of fluff...like whipped cream or something it could work.

rav3n

Not much if any of a baker but I'd dump the grapes since they'd add too much liquid without much return beyond a skin when baked and for certain, avoid the overpowering maple syrup in the icing. Even chocolate icing might be too overpowering unless there's only a small bit of it, like a pure dark chocolate light drizzle to create a pattern on top of the cupcake. The banana and strawberry combination sounds good though! :)