User Tag List

First 1234 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Find an activity you enjoy and get to it regularly?

Usually the craving for unhealthy stuff cuts down if you start getting active and occupy the mind and body with better things.

What's driving you to snack on fast food if you've never done so previously though?

Drink more water.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Find an activity you enjoy and get to it regularly?

Usually the craving for unhealthy stuff cuts down if you start getting active and occupy the mind and body with better things.

What's driving you to snack on fast food if you've never done so previously though?

Drink more water.
    I was sick for three weeks and just couldn't get motivated to do much of anything. I ate a lot of fast food during that time and now I'm chasing the curly fries dragon. It was easier getting off the Vicodin I was taking than it is getting off this crap. :steam:

I would like to get out biking more. I've been locked inside a great deal. I could also drink a lot more water and a lot less juice and soda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Ahh. That explains it. Comfort food.

Well. You're not sick now, are you? So why do you still wish for the comfort?

Water because sometimes you're not flushing out the system adequately, and when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty more.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You don't necessarily have to drink water, though. Switching to diet pop makes a difference. I lost a lot of weight when I started drinking diet pop. It tastes funny at first but you get used to it and then regular pop tastes like syrup.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

wow, i used to be addicted to fast food, and i've totally beat my addiction. I never eat fast food anymore. I also used to love that beautiful Ultimate cheeseburger, until i saw the nutrition information for it, and then it made me feel a bit sick.

the ultimate cheese burger has 1010 calories and 71 grams of fat!
    and then if you add curly fries to it, which i always did. Thats 550 calories and over 30 grams of fat. That is more calories in one meal than i eat in a whole day now.

I've never been like really fat, which is surprising when i look back at the way i used to eat. I am a bit overweight, but i like to keep my curves. .
    I've lost about 25 pounds since i quit eating fast food.
    I'm still addicted to food in general, but now i only put healthy things in my body.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    You don't necessarily have to drink water, though. Switching to diet pop makes a difference. I lost a lot of weight when I started drinking diet pop. It tastes funny at first but you get used to it and then regular pop tastes like syrup.
    Diet drinks are worse than their counterparts. Diet sodas may be 'lower' in sugar but they are still loaded with horrible ingredients.

I used to like them too. But I've ditched all sodas. I've found myself better off without them as well as for people I've known who've either stopped or are trying to.

Our bodies are 60% water or so and our brains are 70% water or so. We'd die without water sooner than if we didn't have food to eat. Drinking water or at least natural juices is better. But if you'd rather drink diet sodas, then your choice to. Have you tried stopping though, to see if you feel better or how it might effect you?

Whooooooa @ scantilyclad. Those are some crazy figures....

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    wow, i used to be addicted to fast food, and i've totally beat my addiction. I never eat fast food anymore. I also used to love that beautiful Ultimate cheeseburger, until i saw the nutrition information for it, and then it made me feel a bit sick.

the ultimate cheese burger has 1010 calories and 71 grams of fat!
    and then if you add curly fries to it, which i always did. Thats 550 calories and over 30 grams of fat. That is more calories in one meal than i eat in a whole day now.

I've never been like really fat, which is surprising when i look back at the way i used to eat. I am a bit overweight, but i like to keep my curves. .
    I've lost about 25 pounds since i quit eating fast food.
    I'm still addicted to food in general, but now i only put healthy things in my body.
    You eat less than 1500 calories a day?

I feel bad for eating Chick-Fil-A while reading this thread.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    You eat less than 1500 calories a day?

I feel bad for eating Chick-Fil-A while reading this thread.

i usually eat 1300 to 1500 calories a day. One day a week i'll eat 2000, just to help control cravings for the rest of the week.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Fast food is healthy because it feels good.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I forgot:

Go rent the movie "Super Size It"... you may never eat fast food again.