• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Idiopathic Postprandial Syndrome--anyone know anything about it?

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was diagnosed with it back when I was in Air Force basic training a few years ago, after which I was medically discharged. I've been trying to look up stuff about it and how it works, just out of curiosity, but I haven't found hardly anything. I read through the Wikipedia page, and the sources (some of them I couldn't view, though), and there's not much there at all.

Idiopathic postprandial syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

No is the short answer, not come arcross it, but ultimately the symptoms will be exactly the same as hypoglycemia... which has a huge range of potential issues....

I have something weird going on with insuline too, which has never been fully diagnosed/categorised... my symptoms are probably within the mood swings ends rather than the shakiness end of it.

So if you do find anything interested it would be used.

As a tip, if you can't find something useful, try the insulin resistant diet... which isn't a diety as such, more a way to eat

The insulin-resistance diet: how to ... - Google Books

It explains who to balance carb and protiens etc...

It may be helpful to you because it helps you balance eatting out... you don't need to folow their "diet" just the principal of it... for example 1 spoon or carbs to 2 of protien etc... (that ratio is not actually right just for illustration).

My point being if you manage to balance out what you are eatting at individual meal occation - it may help..... You probably need to keep a diary of if it works/get someone else to log you on your behaviours.

Sorry it sounds a really difficult medical issue to live with.

Fecal McAngry

I was diagnosed with it back when I was in Air Force basic training a few years ago, after which I was medically discharged. I've been trying to look up stuff about it and how it works, just out of curiosity, but I haven't found hardly anything. I read through the Wikipedia page, and the sources (some of them I couldn't view, though), and there's not much there at all.

Idiopathic postprandial syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since very low carb diets improve or cure virtually all conditions involving insulin-related weirdness, I assume a VLCD would at least marginally improve your symptoms...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Since very low carb diets improve or cure virtually all conditions involving insulin-related weirdness, I assume a VLCD would at least marginally improve your symptoms...

aren't VLCD really dangeours in terms of overall nutrician?