User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Anger: Are you an anger prone person?

Anger: Do you have anger and if you do, do you like it? How can it be leveled or kept in a balanced state? Does it fuel your drive or perhaps can you be prisoner to the emotion of anger? Why or how can anger be deadly or counter-productive? How does it get out of control? Do you have good anger management as well the needed deescalating skills in coping with your anger?

How do you think your anger was made manifest? If given the circumstances your childhood was different, do you think you’d have less anger?

"When another person is angry, one who remains mindful and calm acts for his own best interest and for the others interest, too." Buddha

“Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” James Thurber

"Choosing not to act on an angry impulse and to feel the pain that lies beneath it is a very courageous thing to do."~ Gary Zukav

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI None

Yes. no I don't like it. It makes me feel out of control.
    Likes lightsun, geedoenfj liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I was when I was younger, I dont think I'm angry now, but I am always interested in reading about it and training to have even better control of anger.

MBTI
    INFJ

In general, anger comes from feeling attacked. But I think getting angry with someone can also show that you care about them enough to be bothered by their upsets that you get upset yourself- a way of showing you care that much about them and what they think.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul
    Likes Lloyd, lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

My temper is vicious and shredding. At it's worse my sole goal will be to inflict as much damage as possible, and I am very good at it. It's all verbal and quick. Note though, I never get physical. I have a very long fuse though, and given the proper circumstance I will always keep it under control. IRL though people have no idea I have a temper unless they have seen it come out which is exceedingly rare.

Anger can be like a drug for me. When I feel justified with it I will really like it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It depends on the situation, but I don't usually get very angry to the point where I blow up and lose my cool. That's a pretty rare occasion for me because I'm generally not a big fan of making a scene, so instead I tend to withdraw and keep it all boiling inside. However, I am able to acknowledge when I am angry and understand it is a valid emotion that everyone goes through in life, so I would try to embrace it instead of shying away from it. I would then usually search for activities that would help me send this energy outward, but in a more positive light that tends to bring forward a more centered peace of mind. I find that fixating my energy on something meaningful to me, like creating art, is an incredibly soothing endeavor. In addition, I enjoy putting on some anger-ridden music like punk and other loud, noisy, and energetic styles of music to fully immerse myself in that moment as a coping mechanism. I also find a more rigorous form of yoga to be very therapeutic for anger as well. These would be all more than efficient ways for me to embrace my inner fury.

In general though, I find that anger can provide a positive outcome in certain instances, but too much of anything usually turns into a negative imo, especially with a fiery emotion like anger. With almost everything in life, there needs to be some sort of balance, but it also depends on how much each person can take. I, myself, am not the kind of person who would benefit from too much anger because my state of mind is a huge contributing factor to my own life choices. If it's not balanced to my own comfort, than my mind would most likely spiral out of control and chaos would probably ensue. I'm also pretty certain that experiencing an alternate childhood would produce a much different effect on how my anger would manifest as well as how I would deal with it myself. A different life experience could very likely indicate a different way in how one deals with anything in life, so it's quite possible I could be generally less angry in that sense too, and vice versa.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith
    Likes labyrinthine, lightsun, cascadeco liked this post

My anger is contained and funneled towards objective.
    Likes Trash Panda liked this post

The Illusive Man... Gentleman Jack's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    837 sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se

It happens sometimes.
    With all Due Respect,
    -Jack

An Empty, Hollow, Thing...

Likes labyrinthine, Trash Panda liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm an e8 - anger is always with me. I've said this before in the enneagram forum - it's like change in my pocket. It's there when I need it. Mostly it's a motivation tool but there are times it comes out at someone. Not often, I'm not expending that kind of energy for nothing. I can be ruthless and vicious when it's required but it's not just because or for the fun or enjoyment of it. I have pretty good anger management and I can deescalate conflicts that involve myself but I'm much better with others and that's probably with Ni helping. Childhood? I have a ESTJ e8 father. I think that explains a great deal.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Gentleman Jack, lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm an e8 - anger is always with me. I've said this before in the enneagram forum - it's like change in my pocket. It's there when I need it. Mostly it's a motivation tool but there are times it comes out at someone. Not often, I'm not expending that kind of energy for nothing. I can be ruthless and vicious when it's required but it's not just because or for the fun or enjoyment of it. I have pretty good anger management and I can deescalate conflicts that involve myself but I'm much better with others and that's probably with Ni helping. Childhood? I have a ESTJ e8 father. I think that explains a great deal.
    I'm a bit like this as well. I've always looked upon anger as my friend. It's an extremely effective tool to help motivate me to act. There have been occasions where I have gotten wrapped around the axle for some seemingly insignificant thing based on principle if I feel like people aren't listening to me but for the most part, I find it to be a useful emotion. At one time, I used to get upset with other drivers who I thought were bad or when stuck in horrible rush hour traffic but I don't really do that as much anymore. Maybe I was more in a hurry or maybe I was less patient. Come to think of it, I have probably mellowed a lot because I used to get upset about people who were difficult or an obstacle at work too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639