User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    Whatever the other person isn't comfortable with. More importantly, everyone knows when they are going too far. They either accept it and stop (and change things around so they don't end up in that situation again), or they sink into denial trying to rationalize their actions as though there's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Either way, if you don't know if you've gone too far, then assume you have.

I click on Facebook profiles all the time. Clicking on Facebook profile with some ulterior/rotten motive in mind is going too far. The act may be harmless by itself, but obviously the person is then up to no good. If you're looking through someone's information to find some dirt about them, or to get more information on them, then you've gone too far. If you're Googling them, then you've gone too far. Following someone around is going too far. There are those that are just curious about the person and don't really mean anything (oh please), but it's still sketchy. Staring is going too far. I do what could be considered staring (from a distance) when I'm trying to get a read on someone, or when I'm trying to figure something out and am taking the person in, and while I'm not really up to no good, it still seems questionable. Doing things to end up around the person, or to have the person always be around you is going too far.

If your having to ask the other person if you're violating their space or creeping them out, then you've probably gone too far.

Whoever keeps following me around as though there's nothing wrong with what you're doing: you're way out there, you're going too far, you've gone too far, and you know it. Fuck off!
    if i'm clicking on someone's profile of course I want to know something about that. to pretend that isn't true would be completely delusional. my thing is if you don't want people to know don't put it on the internet, it's that simple. I wouldn't break into someones house though. You really think wanting to know about someone = stalking? please that's not even close.

most people will read your social media if given the chance
    barely any will break into your house and read your diary
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if i'm clicking on someone's profile of course I want to know something about that. to pretend that isn't true would be completely delusional. my thing is if you don't want people to know don't put it on the internet, it's that simple. I wouldn't break into someones house though. You really think wanting to know about someone = stalking? please that's not even close.

most people will read your social media if given the chance
    barely any will break into your house and read your diary
    No, I don't think wanting to know about someone = stalking. It doesn't take long before the desire to know about someone or being curious about them turns into something creepy and it doesn't take much before it's just plain spying/stalking.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    No, I don't think wanting to know about someone = stalking. It doesn't take long before the desire to know about someone or being curious about them turns into something creepy and it doesn't take much before it's just plain spying/stalking.
    I still say if you don't want people to know don't put it online.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFJ

I was stalked on MBTI forums. Don't ask me why I still come on them...

It's too far when you're intentionally trying to make a victims life hell.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I was stalked on MBTI forums. Don't ask me why I still come on them...

It's too far when you're intentionally trying to make a victims life hell.
    of course. that is too far
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I read that article a few days ago and it made me so angry that I started to twitch. It must be me, but I'm utterly astonished that people largely paint the author as the villain in this story and think that she went too far. The online critic in this story is evil with a capital E, and short of physical violence, I can't think of something the author would do in retaliation that I would deem "too far". This wasn't just a case of "wahh, someone hates my book." This was a group of organized bullies who go around trying to destroy people for fun. I don't get how people like that earn the right to be portrayed sympathetically, or even as the lesser of two evils. Kathleen Hale didn't ask for this. She was victimized.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I read that article a few days ago and it made me so angry that I started to twitch. It must be me, but I'm utterly astonished that people largely paint the author as the villain in this story and think that she went too far. The online critic in this story is evil with a capital E, and short of physical violence, I can't think of something the author would do in retaliation that I would deem "too far". This wasn't just a case of "wahh, someone hates my book." This was a group of organized bullies who go around trying to destroy people for fun. I don't get how people like that earn the right to be portrayed sympathetically, or even as the lesser of two evils. Kathleen Hale didn't ask for this. She was victimized.
    ok fine, then Hale should have either ignored her or reported the girl to the authorities or whatever, but her going to the house does not look good

so you're pretty much saying it's ok for me to dous people in spoiled milk if they don't like what i'm wearing?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

ok fine, then Hale should have either ignored her or reported the girl to the authorities or whatever, but her going to the house does not look good

so you're pretty much saying it's ok for me to dous people in spoiled milk if they don't like what i'm wearing?
    Not only is that not what I'm saying, I don't even know how you got from A to B with that.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Not only is that not what I'm saying, I don't even know how you got from A to B with that.
    easy the harrasment was happening online. well the blythe lady got what she wanted. it looks like. so i guess it's a moot point. had she not going to blythe's house or written the article she'd probably be in the clear. she actually made things worse by doing so.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Probably about 500 miles is too far.. or 500 more.

Likes prplchknz liked this post