User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 80 of 80

  1. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Of course not. This is just a form of awareness. Being aware of your personality type and others does not take away your free will. It really shouldn't.

  2. #72
    Aquaria mrcockburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,907

    Default

    No, but sometimes, having free will makes you difficult to type.

    That's why I can't decide on a type.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

    COCKBURN:

    http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg


  3. #73
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    No it doesn't.

  4. #74
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Sometimes, people don't pay attention to their options until they realize they have them. The idea of free will is an empowering force, because the more aware you are of your options, the more leverage you will have in making decisions. If you don't believe in free will, you don't believe we have options. In all practicality, denying we have options is, in most cases, a sort of intellectual dishonesty that ignores our tendency to seriously hypothesize about potential outside of a deterministic universe.

    That doesn't mean that those who argue against free will aren't searching for truth, or even that free will exists at all. I just think it's an all too human oddity to deny something that is necessary for one to believe if they are to function according to the deterministic universe's chain of causation.

    A rigid, intellectually honest denial of free will tends to make a person curl up and cease to be. When I talk with others, I hold them accountable as though they had free will. I remind them of their choices and desires. Basically, a huge chunk of my worldview takes for granted an assumption that free will exists, and it has helped me much more than a lurching sort of fatalism would.

  5. #75
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Sometimes, people don't pay attention to their options until they realize they have them. The idea of free will is an empowering force, because the more aware you are of your options, the more leverage you will have in making decisions. If you don't believe in free will, you don't believe we have options. In all practicality, denying we have options is, in most cases, a sort of intellectual dishonesty that ignores our tendency to seriously hypothesize about potential outside of a deterministic universe.

    That doesn't mean that those who argue against free will aren't searching for truth, or even that free will exists at all. I just think it's an all too human oddity to deny something that is necessary for one to believe if they are to function according to the deterministic universe's chain of causation.

    A rigid, intellectually honest denial of free will tends to make a person curl up and cease to be.
    Pffttt......You're just saying this cause your genes made you do it.

  6. #76
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Pffttt......You're just saying this cause your genes made you do it.
    No.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    MBTI is what you prefer to do not what you have to do.

  8. #78
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Yes, but ironically, you can choose to not care about MBTI.

  9. #79
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    Group Trance and Free Will

    A laser shone on our hand won't hurt us. But two lasers shone on the same spot will burn us.

    In the same way one trance won't hurt us, but two intersecting trances takes away our free will and leaves us open to suggestion.

    For instance, addiction is described as two intersecting trances - so that when we end one trance, we enter the second. And when we end the second, we enter the first, and there is no way out and we are addicted.

    And that is why we are here - to enter two group trances.

    The first is mbti and the second is sexual titillation.

    Most of us go to church, or the football, or a concert, for group trance. But we come to Central.

    We can always tell when we are in a trance for we resent anyone disturbing the trance state. So anyone disturbing the trance state here is accused of being 'off topic'.

    And we know that group trance hates the odd girl out, or the odd person out, and they are singled out for emotional bullying and social exclusion. And how self righteous we are as we hurt and bully the odd person out.

    And it is where mbti and titillation intersect, they overwhelm our free will.

    And being group trances, they give us individual deniability as well as strengthening the trance.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    MBTI is what you prefer to do not what you have to do.
    Yup, life dictates what you have to do an you dont always have control of life.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-11-2016, 10:37 PM
  2. ENxPs - does Ne ever get the best of you?
    By Qre:us in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-27-2009, 12:44 AM
  3. Forget Big Brother: Facebook, Corporations, and the End of Free Speech
    By speculative in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
  4. The Role of Law and the Idea of Majority Rules
    By ByMySword in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 07:01 PM
  5. The Power of "Free"
    By Totenkindly in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO