User Tag List

First 12

is this some kind of fucking cult?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Nope, it's a self-help experiential encounter group.

Cults do things like try to force you to stay with them, or follow you if you try to leave. There are people who stay with PSI longer and become coaches or facilitators, but obviously coaches and facilitators are needed to run the training groups properly, it is entirely by choice.

My friend who was a coach actually was not part of my training group. She did PSI in California.

I think the average church is more "cultish" than PSI. I think people just fear it maybe because it's kind of New Age-y.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    P.S. it's not a fucking cult

I was involved with the basic training and leadership program for a few months, it changed my life for the better, taught me a lot of things and helped me psychologically. I never felt compelled to "stay in" nor was I ever pursued in any way by the organization. I still have friends from my training group, but that's understandable since we shared an intense, life-changing therapeutic experience.
    Are you going to sing in a choir?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Are you going to sing in a choir?

I did my PSI training back when I lived in Vegas. It's what gave me the strength to leave my emotionally abusive ex and return to my family and go to college.

There was decidedly no choir singing. But there was some singing and dancing.

A cult with superior brainwashing techniques may not need to follow you or force you to stay... instead they "convince" you. I think someone who cares about you should kidnap you and take you to an isolated house in Appalachia and re-educate you. Any volunteers?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    someone should take you to an isolated house in Appalachia and re-educate you
    I'm pretty sure this has already happened since then. I like to call it "living with my mom."

ThatGirl

I have dated a few men who would have made perfect cult leaders. Maybe they took these seminars too? One even lived in the mountains!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Or maybe you're attracted overwhelmingly to ENFJs?