User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

ThatGirl

I doubt that, true narcissists hide incredible insecurity and can usually only survive well for short periods of time in the charade.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Anyone who has ever been associated with a true narcissist would disagree strongly with the OP.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    They pair up with a non-narcissist because they wouldn't be able to blatantly abuse another narcissist in the same satisfying manner.

For real.

Dang was it an eye-opener when I realized that. That makes me feel a sense of injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Marm is correct. As for why people aren't narcissists pair up with narcissists, there are a lot of complicated reasons that can happen. It often takes people too long to realize how serious the problems are with the person they've partnered with. Furthermore, some people are easily coerced by that kind of personality, mis-attribute positive implications to their negative personality traits, or tend to become dependent on strong personalities. I also think some people have a fantasy that they can become the one person who is loved by a narcissist (similar thing happens with sociopaths).
    Guilty.

I has learnz though

A narcissist gains from a relationship with a non-narcissist, while the non-narcissist loses. In a relationship with two narcissists, both people are losers. The winner is the person not interacting with a narcissist.
    Yeah.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'm sorry, but I think you're confusing self-esteem with an unrealistic or grandiose views of one's self. Some of the questions are quite pointedly, glaringly differentiating between self-esteem and absurd gradiosity, one most notably is "I'm a born leader." Realistically, the qualities of a good leader must be learned over time and contemplated carefully both intellectually and ethically speaking. Someone who thinks themselves "a born leader" is just bossy...that doesn't equal good or effective leader.

I doubt most entepreneurs are pathological narcissists, but certainly some are, I would agree...because they believe the only way they can validate themselves (for their sad, inner state) is by building a world of material things around them to externally validate, which is false validation, which is a symptom of narcissism.
    the entrepreneurs you've described are specifically unhealthy type 3 and type 6 entrepreneurs. with the exception of enjoying shocking people and turning heads, the majority of entrepreneurs care little for external validation (starting a successful business requires being incredibly productive with virtually 0 instant gratification or validation until the business is running and successful). they care about power, money and above all else, autonomy and the ability to do their thing without interruption. also, thinking of one's self as a natural leader does not make him grandiose or bossy. some people legitimately do have a natural propentency towards leadership (self not included) but it is true that like any other talent, it must be grown. narcissists are generally overly demonstrative and like to flaunt, but as the artical suggested, they are very secure with themselves and their self image (especially those with narcissistic personality as opposed to narcissistic personality disorder)
    PS: I am not a successful entrepreneur as of yet, so I can't promise my diagnosis to be 100% accurate, but I am learning to become one and know several successful entrepreneurs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I doubt that, true narcissists hide incredible insecurity and can usually only survive well for short periods of time in the charade.
    Perhaps it's rare, but I've seen a few last a very long time.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Very funny, but see that doesn't effect me at all since sociopath is my preferred DSM to mimic.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Actually, the trick is that executives are in a unique position to juggle people and hold them at arms length, making it easier to maintain that charade.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I also noticed that the OP said that people who aren't at least a little narcisisstic or who are altruistic don't get much in life.

Andrew Carnegie was altruistic, and he is one the legendary wealthy Americans - you know, like Rockefeller.

I noticed that you are also missing the part in the description of NPD where is says healthy people with high self-esteem are often humble.

Arrogance can be a form of stupidity re: overestimating your own abilities can get you into trouble, or cause you to act impulsively without thinking.

MBTI
    ENTP

Very funny, but see that doesn't effect me at all since sociopath is my preferred DSM to mimic.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I also noticed that the OP said that people who aren't at least a little narcisisstic or who are altruistic don't get much in life.

Andrew Carnegie was altruistic, and he is one the legendary wealthy Americans - you know, like Rockefeller.

I noticed that you are also missing the part in the description of NPD where is says healthy people with high self-esteem are often humble.

Arrogance can be a form of stupidity re: overestimating your own abilities can get you into trouble, or cause you to act impulsively without thinking.
    Andrew Carnegie was not altruistic. altruism is putting others first and yourself second. doing lots of things to help others does not make one altruistic. Andrew Carnegie focused on getting himself money and success first before contributing millions of dollars to help others. he also did so without detriment to himself. objectivists can be just as generous as altruist, they just do so after they've taken care of their own needs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire