User Tag List

First 6789 Last

There is something wrong in this thread.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Or this...
    I looked at these quotes and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't a Te dom be a little more motivated to do something else if he hated it so much and it didn't pay well?"

I mean, he could certainly find something more suitable. Take contract killing for example.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I looked at these quotes and I thought to myself, "Wouldn't a Te dom be a little more motivated to do something else if he hated it so much and it didn't pay well?"

I mean, he could certainly find something more suitable. Take contract killing for example.
    Click their profile/About me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
    Yes, you could do that too. It would be just as inconsequential.
    How do you know that? How do you know that every homeless person is an alcoholic or an addict? Because that's certainly a false assumption right there.

And even if this individual was in fact an addict, you can't possibly assume it's "inconsequential." I happen to know someone who used to be a severe drug addict who has been clean for two years. At one point she was so low she was actually a street walker.

Kindness and food can make a difference in someone's life, even if you refuse to give them money for good reasons. Even if you aren't a person who takes joy or concern in alleviating human suffering for it's own sake, at least be rational enough to understand that feeding a homeless person isn't necessarily "inconsequential."

MBTI
    ISTP

How do you know that? How do you know that every homeless person is an alcoholic or an addict? Because that's certainly a false assumption right there.
    I never said that every homeless person is an alcoholic. You have not read my posts. I said that most homeless MEN are alcoholics, and that's not an assumption, it's general knowledge.

And even if this individual was in fact an addict, you can't possibly assume it's "inconsequential." [...] Kindness and food can make a difference in someone's life, even if you refuse to give them money for good reasons.
    The question was, would you give this person money. That was the question. The question was not, would you show this person kindness. I can do that without money. The question was about MONEY. I am being persecuted for answering the question as it was worded. If you wish to ask a separate question, then go ahead and do so. Ask, "would you show kindness to a homeless person?" My answer to your question is, yes of course. I do it all the time. I would not, however, show kindness to you. I would show you my fist.

Even if you aren't a person who takes joy or concern in alleviating human suffering for it's own sake, at least be rational enough to understand that feeding a homeless person isn't necessarily "inconsequential."
    You don't know me. I work at a food bank for christ's sake. How dare you pronounce judgement on me just to aggrandize yourself?

I never said, "feeding a homeless person is inconsequential." You saw the words "food" and "inconsequential" and you immediately assumed that's what I meant. Someone else suggested that instead of giving money to the homeless person, why not use the money to buy him a meal. I agreed with him, but pointed out that whether you give him cash or a meal (both of which are charitable), either way, it's not going to help with his addiction. If you think he's suddenly going to turn his life around just because you bought him a meal, then I give up.

That being said, of course homeless people are better off if they have a place where they can get food on a regular basis. Any idiot knows that. The original question was not, "If you had tons of cash, would you donate some of it to open a soup kitchen for the homeless in your area?" It was, "If you had tons of cash, would you give money to a homeless man?" These are two different questions. I can't believe I had to explain that to you. Are you 12 years old?

Ask, "would you show kindness to a homeless person?" My answer to your question is, yes of course. I do it all the time. I would not, however, show kindness to you. I would show you my fist.

In this forum, members do not suggest violence with their fist toward another member.
    Back off.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I never said that every homeless person is an alcoholic. You have not read my posts. I said that most homeless MEN are alcoholics, and that's not an assumption, it's general knowledge.
    General knowledge? How exactly does *general knowledge* come about? Through some sort of research? Word of mouth? Television programs? Church? PSA's?

*General knowledge* = widespread assumption unless you have something to back it up.

I didn't notice your little *comment* until it was highlighted, and after that, forget I said a word. I have no desire to converse with anyone who threatens physical violence toward KITTENS, for Christ's sake.
    Moving on...:

~*79% Extraverted*~
    ~*74% iNtuition*~
    ~*74% Feeling*~
    ~*58% Judging*~

Enneagram Type: SX 3w2

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    In this forum, members do not suggest violence with their fist toward another member.
    Back off.
    No problem. I don't intend to stay here. It's not a fun place to be.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I immediately want to say no.. My hand-out is a temporary fix to a long-term problem..

... But sometimes temporary fixes are exactly what people need to get back on their feet, no? If I had infinite money, I don't think money would much be on the mind. So, I'd probably have time to chill out with the guy, and talk to him and find out why he's there.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

No problem. I don't intend to stay here. It's not a fun place to be.
    Quoted for posterity.