User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    To me many things at the same time in the right proportions, depending on what they are and who they are coming from.

Openness is a core trait, as far as I'm concerned. Synarch and I chatted about this a few months ago. Openness is a sign of strength. I dig it.

Again, yes. I like people that have the following traits in some functional measure:

-Genuineness
    -Non-Pretentious
    -Intelligent (Street Smart AND Book Smart)
    -Funny
    -Optimistic
    -Considerate
    -Polite, but NOT Politically Correct
    -Motivated
    -Self Sufficient
    -Of Diverse Experiences
    -Inner and Outer Beauty, Pride in The Gifts God Gave Them, but not Narcissists
    -Assertive
    -Flexible
    -Resilient
    -Tough (Mentally AND/OR Physically) but Not Mean

I think the role someone is playing in my life is directly dependent on how many of the above criteria must be satisified and to what degree. I am a people lover by default, but the ones that I gravitate to, and choose to keep current with are the ones who have alot of the list above going on. Those are my core folks, my base, my friends and advisors.
    Dude. You're missing #2 and #4....

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

What I do not understand is: Why do people have to go through all this *procedure*, and why are people *overwhelmed* by truth? Sure, you need to be discreet, but that does not mean sacrificing truth. No matter what you do, someone is going to be happy, and someone is going to be pissed....

For example, let's say I'm *real* (whatever that means). People who are Fi dom/aux/tert are going to be cheering, whereas Fe dom/aux/tert are going to run screaming into the woods. If I make decisions in a logical, objective way, the Te/Ti dom/aux/tert (?) are going to cheer; whereas Fe/Fi might run screaming into the woods. If I act more deliberately and plan everything, some people will like it; if I act more spontaneously, those same people will dislike it. However, I cannot be objective and subjective at the same time; I cannot be open and closed at the same time; I cannot be deliberate/planned and spontaneous at the same time.

So well, gee...just be yourself, and as long as you do not harm yourself or others, well, if they are mad, let them scratch their mad place.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Everyone has a different idea of what exactly makes a good person. Some people, although I doubt they'd like to admit it, show more appreciation and care towards people who are jerks and pump fear within them. Others subconsciously enjoy the company of those who abuse them, and yet some others like people who will not bond with them because it makes them feel the most safe.

However, having said all of that, here is my idea of what makes a good person:

-Nice
    -Open
    -Not condescending
    -Welcoming and easy to get along with
    -Honest
    -Possible to communicate with
    -Respect those who respect them

The people I will pretty much invariably have issues are arrogant or condescending people. Or just plain mean people.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    Everyone has a different idea of what exactly makes a good person. Some people, although I doubt they'd like to admit it, show more appreciation and care towards people who are jerks and pump fear within them. Others subconsciously enjoy the company of those who abuse them, and yet some others like people who will not bond with them because it makes them feel the most safe.
    Hmm.. why is this so? I think that some people find power more attractive than others? Anyway, some traits in a person I find likeable are:

1. Easy to get along with.
    2. Funny
    3. Has lots of depth/insight
    4. Wise
    5. Kiind-hearted
    6. Genuine
    7. Honest (integrity is key)

In terms of dating.. I need a guy who knows how to dance. Not like Carlton Banks or anything.. Someone who knows how to go with the flow.. Maybe this applies to friends as well..

and

8. Chemistry (we click in some way).

I guess it really does depend on the person.. In general, 1-7 attract me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

What makes a person likable is their ability to satisfy what satisfies you. If you look at a person without knowing them, what will make them likable to you is their expression, how they look (clothes, body structure etc.) and seemingly level of innocence. By this you can determine whether the person is more likable in your favour. Whereas once you start to know them the likability terms change where you start to look at their personality, status, interests, similarities level of respect etc. If they again satisfy you you go in deeper. Once you are their close friend likability changes in terms of their outwards emotions towards you, level of respect towards you, distances, effect on your life and usefulness to adhere to your needs. (whether it be emotions and/or tasks depends on you)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Dude. You're missing #2 and #4....

That's called "Executive Privilege."
    You can read about it in my book.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I like people who follows my order, aka slave. So if you don't fit that criteria, your doing the whole likeable thing all wrong.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I like people who follows my order, aka slave. So if you don't fit that criteria, your doing the whole likeable thing all wrong.
    I take a hike

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    I agree with this. Having positive qualities like honesty, kindness, etc. doesn't necessarily make a person attractive to another one. To add to the above, people also sometimes appreciate the superficial qualities that will mean you fit into their picture and don't care about who you really are as long as you aren't disturbing their universe.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I find 98% of the time people like that usually end up being fake. and insencere
    ? What
    I don't think so.

Being nice goes a long way. When I lived in Ohio, the first thing I noticed is that people were nicer. The east coast, where im living in New England, people can be rude, it's like they want to know about you, but they are rude about it. --Forget about New Yorkers. That is another topic.
    It's nice when someone has manners. When it's fake, or over done that feels uncomfortable.
    When the person is straight up hysterical flipping out on you that is psycho.