User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

  1. #1
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Anyone else have a silly switch?

    You'd be surprised. Anyone who thinks they don't have a silly switch should take a pile of money and try their hand at trading. Your silly switch will trigger as soon as you lose money. You will proceed to make one bad decision after another until you have traded your account to zero. Each time you will smack your forehead in astonishment wondering how you could do such a silly thing.


    One silly switch in particular I have is sometimes triggered in the face of control. I have a built-in need to be free of control. This need would conflict with that of another person who has a built-in need to be in control.

  2. #2
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Sure, I definitely have one, it can turn me into positive or negative. It can also turn others silly

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    You'd be surprised. Anyone who thinks they don't have a silly switch should take a pile of money and try their hand at trading. Your silly switch will trigger as soon as you lose money. You will proceed to make one bad decision after another until you have traded your account to zero. Each time you will smack your forehead in astonishment wondering how you could do such a silly thing.

    You and I have different ideas of what a silly switch is.
    And after reading your post, you have no business being a trader.

  4. #4
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You and I have different ideas of what a silly switch is.
    And after reading your post, you have no business being a trader.
    hahaha.. ^

    yea, that wasn't quite the definition of "silly switch" that I was thinking of.

  5. #5
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    hahaha.. ^

    yea, that wasn't quite the definition of "silly switch" that I was thinking of.
    Precisely. "Silly Switch" to me is when I am just in a goofy mood.

    What was described in the O.P. sounds more like engaging in a reckless series of behaviors leading into a downward spiral out of stress/fear. That's not silly!

  6. #6
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You and I have different ideas of what a silly switch is.
    And after reading your post, you have no business being a trader.
    A silly switch is not a life sentence. This particular silly switch has cost me a lot of money. Most traders go through it. It's a part of the learning process. I paid the markets a lot of "tuition".

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    hahaha.. ^

    yea, that wasn't quite the definition of "silly switch" that I was thinking of.
    When my silly switch gets tripped, it takes awhile to return to normal.
    Whatever the hell normal is!
    I turn into a child, and can't stop laughing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    I also have that kind of silly switch. That's not what I mean. I mean emotional (bad) decision making.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    I also have that kind of silly switch. That's not what I mean. I mean emotional (bad) decision making.

    I call that: "fucking up."

  10. #10
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I call that: "fucking up."
    I didn't know you were fluent in French, Jaguar. Haa! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] do INFPs have a silly switch?
    By + patch in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 10:43 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 04:07 PM
  3. [Ni] does anyone else have this type of mindset
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:16 PM
  4. anyone else have this problem?
    By prplchknz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO