User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Do you not get lost in conversations ?

I had that thing recently about people saying they got lost in a convo. A conversation like in a chat or with people.

I am sure I get lost too in convos and I dont know what is the overall topic going on, but I am never lost in a conversation.

Meaning: I never had the feeling of being lost in a conversation, even when conversing with experts on a topic I got no clue about.

Does someone experience that too ?

Is it a higher evolved state of genius or just the most advanced level of pure brutal assertiveness ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Sometimes I'm not sure what's going on in a conversation because I've been spacing out.

Good for you though lol
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Does someone experience that too?
    No. I couldn't find my way in a conversation if I had a map I think that's actually very cool. Good for you

Is it a higher evolved state of genius or just the most advanced level of pure brutal assertiveness ?
    entropie, do you want us to build you a shrine?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Sometimes when I'm talking to someone I'll just start to trail o...

*blank*
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya lol, it's maybe a some what not so exhilarating topic, but I think its important for my personal development. And with that it may become in handy for other Extroverts too.

I have spoken to 3 guys at once today, who are all from utterly different planets. And I kept up the conversation with everyone. But and that I notice often, the convo never gets in depth. And I am sure I am missing crucial points that could enlighten myself about some matters.

So maybe this thread isnt as important regarding us all, but I think regarding myself I have learnt something today.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp

yeah...i seem to use a body language that makes everyone focus on my more than anyone else when they are talking to me as a part of a group...or maybe thats cuz i just seem dumb to them

i dont remember that last time i got lost in a conversation...earned me a compliment from my boss today..."you are pretty quick"

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I don't get lost in conversations either, and if I miss even a bit, I usually ask for clarification. But, I've talked as a (/main part of ) my profession for something like 8 years now.

Sometimes I drop the "compatibility mode" of talking and go to performance mode. Talk faster, or usually just deeper, introduce concepts less, expect more of the listener etc. That's when people usually drop out of my conversations with someone.

Hell, I'd like to talk in performance mode only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

If I am actually listening (as I may tend to drift if it's boring to me), then I can follow most any conversation.

I know this older INFP woman who most people cannot understand. I think she is completely incapable of speaking coherently and linearly and she makes huge leaps in thoughts that require you to connect the dots. I have to listen hard and carefully, but I can actually make sense of her.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I know Ne doms tend to do it. And the only ENTJ I know really well seems very quick on the pick up.

I follow 3 or 4 convos at once, and drive people nuts by discussing 5 different topics simultaneously on messenger. Can also follow ENTPs when they are on technical rants and talking insanely fast.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

My mind wanders, and doesn't handle speech very well. Written text is so useful to me because I can look back at whot I was saying literally 10 seconds ago, and retrace the line of reasoning I was going down again. I can loose track of my own line of thought while I'm speaking... and without a written backlog of whot I'd just said, I won't easily be able to recover, if at all.

If I'm LISTENING to conversation, it's usually alright, until I start thinking too deeply on a subject, then I tend to just tune everyone out and get lost in thought to myself, in which case there's no real paying attention to whot's being said anymore.

So yeah, I can loose myself in my own words, and loose other people in my thoughts.

The only reason yeu would be able to avoid this fate, is either A: yeu have an exceedingly adept mind at multitasking, or B: yeu don't think while talking period.