User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Those EQ tests seem biased towards extraversion. I'm pretty sure I have a low EQ. I'm taking one of the tests now. We'll see.
    It's certainly biased towards EXFJs.

What I really dislike about the concept of EQ is that it's too broad. A person can be extremely aware of their own emotions, have understand about how they feel the way they do, have understanding of how other people feel but because they are depressive and aren't motivated individuals. Suddenly all of the above is thrown out of the window and these people are labelled as low EQ people.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    but because they are depressive and aren't motivated individuals.
    Or if they're rationals and don't blindly follow emotions but rather grind them through the NeTi-mill first. :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Emotional Intelligence Test

^ This is an earlier thread on this test here. Lots of good information.

Two things I'd like to point out in particular.

Lots of the people who took this test got scores below 50, even some in the single digits.

Queendom is inconsistent with the scores, and appears to pull your EQ from out of a hat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Indeed, it operates under the assumption emotions mean the same to each individual. It assumes there is only one personality type so to speak.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Indeed, it operates under the assumption emotions mean the same to each individual. It assumes there is only one personality type so to speak.
    Well as far as empathy goes, there is only one real answer in regards to being able to determine how someone else feels, and what would make someone else feel better. There is only one correct condition that exists in their minds, or a few responses that will illicit a a more positive emotional state. So you can't really call it bias in that aspect. Either you'd be able to read someone accurately or you wouldn't. Being able to accurately test for that, on the other hand, is the main issue. I don't think an online test can really do justice for determining one's abilities in that area, and may certainly have a harder time of it with ITs.

Still, I think EQ tests are viable GENERAL indicators of some manner of emotional intelligence. Or in another way of looking at it, it's a general measure of propensity for and control over what would equate to extraversion and feeling functions. Thus, healthy/mature Es and Fs would likely score very high, natural/healthy ITs would score low, with less mature examples of both types scoring even lower. In that aspect, it probably doesn't tell you anything you don't already know through MBTI. The fact that some types are less adept with extraversion and feeling than others is well known and predictable. If that is truly what these EQ tests boil down to, then the results ARE accurate. It's just that the measured "emotional intelligence" is limited to a more constrained criteria analogous to the maturity of extroversion and feeling.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I tend to be pretty good at reading someones emotions. Because of Ne I assume.

But, being able to justify someones emotions I would have trouble with, for me, showing empathy therefor is to not put my justified opinion about their feelings to them. But to restrain myself and slowly reach a more positive conclusion.

Doesn't take away that in my mind I might utterly disagree with their reasoning for their emotions.

So what is empathy then? For an ENFP for example, empathy would be to join in on feeling what another person feels. For an INTP it would be to restrain their rationality and allow the other person feelings to cool with guidance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Edited my post above.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

The fact remains that I can usually fill in that test to score really high, but highly disagree with the concept of my answers through solid arguementation. :P

You're saying that INTP's can compare to each other in the test, there's more truth in that then the test itself, I agree with that. But I say INTP's should have entirely different questions.

IQ tests are somewhat flawed in the same manner. IQ tests only test a grasp of what forms the whole that is intelligence. But to a somewhat acceptable level, since there is onlu one good answer to the questions.

This EQ test is absurd in every way however, in my opinion.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Results:

Subscale IQ score = 111
    Subscale percentile = 79

MBTI
    ESFJ