User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Post count probably does correlate positively with knowledge on MBTI, but a lot of new posters seem to come equipped with some MBTI knowledge.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    nope. that's pretty silly.
    Really? Post counts and join dates are status markers on forums. IRL, you'd have age, race, sex, or other socioeconomic markers. People definitely use their post counts and join dates to discount n00bs

When you say right you mean...? An older poster may understand more forum context than a new poster. Any new person typically has to "prove" themselves. I think that time is collapsed on forums and it can happen pretty quickly.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    It looks to me that in many situations post count people see as amount of knoledge. (what is not true)
    Do others agree with this observation and what do you think about it?
    Oddly...I kinda had that Feeling too sometimes during the past Days while browsing around. So...guess I am NOT paranoid then.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yeah not mine though.
    True, you mostly answer a lot, and commendable as that is...aren't you sometimes the slightest bit curious about stuff you cannot figure out on your own?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Really? Post counts and join dates are status markers on forums. IRL, you'd have age, race, sex, or other socioeconomic markers. People definitely use their post counts and join dates to discount n00bs

When you say right you mean...? An older poster may understand more forum context than a new poster. Any new person typically has to "prove" themselves. I think that time is collapsed on forums and it can happen pretty quickly.
    This is the reverse of his question, though. He asked if the n00bs act deferentially towards the longstanding, 5000+ post count members...not if the high post count-ers treat the n00bs badly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP

There is obviously a recognition and acceptance factor.

Who would know just how [fashionable] CC really is after reading a couple of posts.

Or you just might think Jack Flak is a social butterfly that spreads his happiness to anyone he encounters.

It takes time to get to know people, in the absence of that we make quick judgments, heuristics if you will. Post counts are just one handy form.
    Last edited by Ivy; 11-17-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: removed insult
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    intp

They may . . . or they may not. Quantity v. quality. I take post count as an indication the person likes to post a lot. By itself it tells me little other than that. Some people (self-included) post a lot of fluff/non-serious stuff.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    yupp

hahahahahahahah no post count does not=knowledge. Look at me and my post count I'm defently not as smart as people with a lower post count.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    True, you mostly answer a lot, and commendable as that is...aren't you sometimes the slightest bit curious about stuff you cannot figure out on your own?
    Hmm...Like how to find the perfect woman? Curious sure, but I don't think the answer is to be had here.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Hmm...Like how to find the perfect woman? Curious sure, but I don't think the answer is to be had here.
    How would you know if you don't ask the question?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”