Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm not sure what mine says at the moment...hmmm.
    Art deco?

I think mine says "please don't take me too seriously because I'm really just a silly little lol cat." It's a non-verbal INFP apology for any gaffes I'm inevitably going to make. Plus, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor (I love black comedy), and if I said dark things with a scarier icon it could be taken very much the wrong way.

Of course, this can pose a problem when I'm actually being srs.:steam:
    Sometimes I'll be defending something I feel passionately about, being ever-so-cynical and critical, then I'll glance at my icon and imagine the little kitten stomping his tiny paws in an adorable fit of temper. That doesn't help my credibility in arguments much, I suppose.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I like this avatar. It gives people the impression I'm some old, wise fart.
    It always makes me think of pedantic and cranky.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mine usually reflects my mood at the time I chose it.

By the way... do you "get" any symbolism in this one?

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think mine says "please don't take me too seriously because I'm really just a silly little lol cat." It's a non-verbal INFP apology for any gaffes I'm inevitably going to make. Plus, I have a pretty twisted sense of humor (I love black comedy), and if I said dark things with a scarier icon it could be taken very much the wrong way.

Of course, this can pose a problem when I'm actually being srs.:steam:
    Sometimes I'll be defending something I feel passionately about, being ever-so-cynical and critical, then I'll glance at my icon and imagine the little kitten stomping his tiny paws in an adorable fit of temper. That doesn't help my credibility in arguments much, I suppose.
    Actually, I read your avatar as defiant, creative, and having a bit of an attitude. If anything, it made me read your posts as more confident and assertive than they were. Interesting.

Possibly because I pictured that angry cat leaping onto someone and tearing them to shreds despite it's small size. Most cat avatars don't do that to me, but that one was so clearly angry!

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sometimes I think it looks cool, other times it reflects my mood, but mostly it's a combination of both.

As for other peoples' avatars, I've noticed that it can occasionally change my perception of a poster when they change it, but that's more because I usually ignore usernames and only really catch the avatar. Once I re-associate the new avatar with the username, that tends to go away. It does seem to somewhat alter the flavour of the writing, though, for whatever reason.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am a huge fan of one-handed green lightsabers
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm not sure if mine has any influence, but I chose it because of its depth--it's almost an illustration of my soul.
    Yeah, I am totally deep, dude...
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Mine usually reflects my mood at the time I chose it.

By the way... do you "get" any symbolism in this one?
    Are the three parts representative of your subtitle of "fragmented..being"? Emotional, idealistic, and logical? Just my interpretation.

Actually, I read your avatar as defiant, creative, and having a bit of an attitude. If anything, it made me read your posts as more confident and assertive than they were. Interesting.

Possibly because I pictured that angry cat leaping onto someone and tearing them to shreds despite it's small size. Most cat avatars don't do that to me, but that one was so clearly angry!
    It's funny that you perceive that cat as being angry. I see it as being amused. I see it as laughing, perhaps laughing *at* someone, but more in a hee-hee-hee way than a truly viscious way. I guess it is an attitude-y little kitty ( I, Pussy!), but I imagine that cat as being teasing yet essentially harmless because of it's diminuative size.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Are the three parts representative of your subtitle of "fragmented..being"? Emotional, idealistic, and logical? Just my interpretation.
    I think so. Yes.

It's funny that you perceive that cat as being angry. I see it as being amused. I see it as laughing, perhaps laughing *at* someone, but more in a hee-hee-hee way than a truly viscious way. I guess it is an attitude-y little kitty ( I, Pussy!), but I imagine that cat as being teasing yet essentially harmless because of it's diminuative size.
    Ah, I can see that now. But before, it was like the intensity of the cat's anger made it as powerful as a lion in my mind. You might say I made a mountain lion out of a field kitten... or something. I tend to be more affected by the emotions I see in something than the ability of said creature to do something about them.

I mean, honestly... instead of looking at the cat's size, pay attention to what it's expressing. Imagine what it would do... if it could actually ACT on what it was feeling, and impact people or other animals with it's state of mind.

I suppose that perception is because I'm such a mind over matter person. I fear the one with the biggest temper, more than I fear the one with the biggest claws.

MBTI
    INTP

Lady X--

Well, Twiggy was a major fashion icon and mod symbol, so there's the iconic cache + retro chic, but there's also the sort of Warhol treatment on the pic itself, so it seems to be both embracing and questioning the idea of pop culture and image. Also, it kinda makes her look like a superhero. :-P I like the av.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I usually like my avatars to give off an intense feel, while still being characteristic of me in a way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)