User Tag List

First 234

Mmmm... Carbs.

I changed plans. I rested yesterday as well and was growing a bit tired of protein and fat so I decided to go right into the longer term ckd/workout plan with a full body depletion workout and then carb load tonight and tomorrow. It feels great to feel so worn out and enjoy a big bowl of pasta. Looking forward to the oatmeal tomorrow morning instead of eggs, bacon, and cheese. Oh yeah, I can't wait for a nice beer tomorrow night to cap off the carb load. I'll get right back into ketosis and try to do extra cardio on Sunday.

Gained a half pound today. I really think my metabolism was slowing down as there were other signs I won't discuss. Hopefully this carb load will help jolt my metabolism. Tomorrow I'm shooting for 3500 calories. Should be easier with carbs allowed.

Icing my Hamstring right now. It was super tight. I'm only just realizing how much my tight hamstrings led to my sciatica. I was spending many hours running every week and never stretched them. Partly out of laziness and partly because a local running legend and phenominal podiatrist advocated for tight hamstrings. The argument was basically that hamstrings act like springs when you run and the tighter they are the more spring you get and the faster you go. That may be true, but I've learned the injury risks aren't worth the extra speed.

The good news is that this gives me more hope for significant pain relief once my muscles and tendons are more loose.

I'll post my workout plan for next week over the weekend.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

I kept things up this week.

Mon- biceps/ some back
    Tue- shoulders/ some legs
    Wed- triceps/ some back
    Fri- full body depletion

As my core gets stronger I'm finding it easier to do certain chest and back exercises, but still pretty limited with the sciatica.

Overall the sciatica is getting better and I definately don't think my workouts are having a negative effect on it.

I'm not being very meticulous about keeping track of calories or exercise right now, but that's mostly because I think for now I can get the results I want without be meticulous. That will change eventually, but for now I'm just focused on doing.

RUNNING AGAIN!!!!!

And to commemorate it I had a brand new running experience. I've come across deer, rabbits and snakes on the trail, but this was the first time I've come across a pair of 20" trout in a stream. It was pretty cool.