• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 9] INTP self typing as 9w5

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought you belonged to the "Problem Solver" archetype (variants of 259), with 9 as core. Obviously, from what's written, I don't know if that changes in real life. There's a book on Enneagram tritype archetypes, let me type what the archetypes say:

interesting...

Contemplative: 459/495/549/594/945/954

You are intuitive, knowledgeable and accepting. You want to be original, wise and peaceful. Highly self-aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self-conscious. You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions. Easily flooded with emotion, it is difficult for you to voice your ideal and feelings

[...]

Your life misson is to dlve deeply into the mysteries of life and share your insights. A true contemplative, you're happiest when you can write about your discoveries and discuss them with a select few. Making sense of your world is an ongoing quest.

Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on your inner world that you can become inhibited and appear to be indifferent to others. Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you.

everything about this fits...

highlights:
Making sense of your world is an ongoing quest.
You need regular quiet time to reflect on your thoughts and emotions.
Highly self-aware and reflective, you are very shy, reserved and self-conscious. (though i often work against my shyness to improve myself)
Insecure, you become moody and expect others to initiate and come toward you. (if i feel like i always initiate i give up on a person)

And then,

Problem Solver: 259/295/592/529/925/952

You are caring, knowledgeable and accepting. You want to be helpful, wise and peaceful. You have a very shy, gentle, reserved nature and tend to focus on what it is harmonious. You need companionship and avoid feelings of loneliness by focusing on the needs and concerns of others. You can struggle with inaction when you feel overwhelmed.

[...]

Your life mission is to find the information needed to understand and manage difficulties. A true problem solver, you are happiest when you are able to be in the role of a good Samaritan and help others find solutions.

Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on the helpful information you have collected that you can be too passive and miss opportunities that would allow true presence. You also have great pride in giving but "not" needing others.

things that fit (very) well:
A true problem solver, you are happiest when you are able to be in the role of a good Samaritan and help others find solutions.
You also have great pride in giving but "not" needing others.

things that don't fit well:
Your life mission is to find the information needed to understand and manage difficulties. (while having a use for information is nice, i mostly like to test Ne and Ti against eachother)

the trouble with this one is that it is very goal oriented... it seems to be all about accomplishing something, while most of the time i am not really trying to do much of anything... my goals tend to be short term, and based in reaction... i don't think of things that aren't in my immediate surroundings to fix (i.e. i might give a person flying a sign change, but i wouldn't leave my house with money for them because i thought they might be there)...

if i see something i would like to change:
1. i think of how it can be changed
2. i think over the risk/reward
3. i think of who will benefit and if that person (could be me) deserves my effort (when compared to the risks and chance of failure)
4. i think of how willing the person would be to accept that level of help
5. if i haven't begun to implement a solution, i will most likely repeat this process (how many times is based on the results of step 3, how much time i have, and how "wrong" the problem feels)

I remember the first thing I told you was that you were too Fe for an INTP. Maybe it was a e2 hiding in your tritype!

i still think that is funny... the people in my life that know me well (aside from a few that are very close to me) would say that i come across as "not caring about anything"... which i think is more or less true... there is very little that elicits a strong response from me... i have struggled with flat affect off and on for years, but i have had a good handle on it due to vigorous self analysis and concentrated effort...

I would say you are in the head triad, based on where the average of your highest scores lie. Have you looked into 6 (phobic)? They integrate to 9. So you may be well integrated and healthy 6.

Just a thought. Have you gotten into any of the motivations of the E types? I would delve into that more.

i have somewhat, but i haven't ran into very detailed information... i will look more into that... i can say that six sounds wrong... the trouble is that six seems to be all about security... i don't believe in security; we live in an uncertain world in which most people and institutions aren't worthy of trust outside of narrow parameters... six seems to enjoy rules and structure (which are things i find stifling)...

i guess there is part that would suit what i am saying (but i don't like the wording at all)...

"Your vice is fear. This manifests as excessive doubt and playing the devil’s advocate. Your drive for security can cause you to envision a dangerous and divisive world in which you feel persecuted and then may persecute those who deviate from the rules or the norm. When you are afraid, you doubt your own authority and can become provocative and undermining. Seeking security, you try to control others by ensnaring them in your fears and doubts. A lack of faith in your own authority can cause you to overly submit to or challenge others, the rules or authority figures."

there are parts of six that fit well:

"Your attention goes to feelings of fear and doubt and scanning for danger, hidden motives or agendas. You have a tendency to focus on the worst-case scenario. Your fears and doubts can keep you from taking action and/or trusting yourself and others. You may at times be overly phobic and at other times overly counter-phobic."

enneagram stuff feels so fluid (which i guess is very much like people's personalities), but i find it obnoxious... i would really like to see a list of different enneagram tritypes with wings... i realize that would be a large list, but if it was well organized i would read it... figuring this out is so much different than mbti... with mbti i looked at the list, saw intp knew that was the right result... i took a test and it said intp... then i went and read things written by intp's and it all matched...anyhow, i imagine i will be reading about all of this again within the next couple of weeks... i don't like feeling like i have an inconclusive answer, but i feel like the resources i have to draw upon are a disordered mess... to learn about wings i have to go to one source, about tritypes i need another source, and i sometimes have trouble keeping track of where i read something... i think i will actually need to type this out (heh, phrasing)...

9w1 5w4 4w5
or
9w1 5w6 4w5

the sway in what is possible is shrinking =)

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
i still think that is funny... the people in my life that know me well (aside from a few that are very close to me) would say that i come across as "not caring about anything"... which i think is more or less true... there is very little that elicits a strong response from me... i have struggled with flat affect off and on for years, but i have had a good handle on it due to vigorous self analysis and concentrated effort...

Well, I base my observations on what I see written, which can be mischievous (in the sense that it may not represent a way of being, not that it's false, haha) and the conversations we had. But if you see that 954/945 fits best, then it fits best! That archetype is the triple withdrawn, and I know someone who is the epitome of the archetype and sounds nothing like you. Like, she's more... "inquisitive to herself". She wonders things but keeps them to herself most of the times, and the only times she's "visible" is when everything is peaceful. She always talks about people intruding in her "personal bubble". Maybe she's just too withdrawn? I suggested the 2 because most of your posts seem like you want to be helpful (that may be just the vibe I get, haha)

I do agree with the e9 as core (and the ellipsis abuse is a strong evidence, haha ;))

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I base my observations on what I see written, which can be mischievous (in the sense that it may not represent a way of being, not that it's false, haha) and the conversations we had. But if you see that 954/945 fits best, then it fits best! That archetype is the triple withdrawn, and I know someone who is the epitome of the archetype and sounds nothing like you. Like, she's more... "inquisitive to herself". She wonders things but keeps them to herself most of the times, and the only times she's "visible" is when everything is peaceful. She always talks about people intruding in her "personal bubble". Maybe she's just too withdrawn? I suggested the 2 because most of your posts seem like you want to be helpful (that may be just the vibe I get, haha)

I do agree with the e9 as core (and the ellipsis abuse is a strong evidence, haha ;))

heh, you know "online me"... in person am much more reticent... "online me" is what is internal; people that i meet in person have a much more difficult time accessing me so quickly... the bit about only being visible when things are peaceful matches me also... the internet is a quiet and peaceful place in the waters i tread...

"my" intj was talking to me about this subject while i typed this up (oddly enough)... she has a very good opinion of me, so she talks in terms of good qualities instead of just who i am... anyhow, i guess this is silly to include (and large) so i put it in a spoiler... i cut the end short because it was silly and sappy...

post script:
maybe the whole thing is silly and sappy...

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
[MENTION=29287]Obfuscate[/MENTION]

(taking from mechanical resonance) Tacoma Narrows Bridge video has to be one of my top 10 videos of all time. When I was in Architecture school, that video was like the acting bloopers for us, hahaha

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29287]Obfuscate[/MENTION]

(taking from mechanical resonance) Tacoma Narrows Bridge video has to be one of my top 10 videos of all time. When I was in Architecture school, that video was like the acting bloopers for us, hahaha

i really like that video also...
-------------------------
9w1 5w6 4w5

i think my mind is fully made up... i did some more reading, and i think i am sick of doing so for a good long while... this one seems to make the most sense, and i am finding very little fault in the last descriptors of these that i read (considering that each modifies the other)... i would like to thank everyone for their help and suggestions...