User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Default why do people make 4w3s out to be so flamboyant when its still a withdrawn type?

I sometimes see people saying 4w3 is more extravagant, loud, flashy, showy, etc even though it's still one of the more introverted types (if not one of the most along with 5) of the Enneagram. I think 4w3 is still just as withdrawn, sensitive, and inward-focused, just with more of an orientation towards appearing impressive to others.

Just something I'm wondering about.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I don't know, sometimes, the 7w6 deserves that title instead. There seems to be a great variety between famous 4w3's in terms of how flashy they are, Prince is very flashy, Michael Stipe is not, Morrissey is averagely flashy. In the public sphere, I'd love to be the center of attention, to be perceived as exhibionistic, charming, colorful as well as sympathetic. But in the private sphere I want to be left alone completely, and that's when I feel moody if my space has been invaded. For instance, I don't like having neighbors. This caused issues in the past with my friends, they would always find me fun to be around at school, but after school I never wanted to hang out with them. It annoyed them greatly, I tried explaining myself but they never really got it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I don't know, sometimes, the 7w6 deserves that title instead.

Really, I could see 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 7w6, and 7w8 with this reputation. I understand some 4w3s probably adopt this attitude as well but I think it's not really a core aspect that deserves to be emphasized like some do. Although I'm not quite sure what a core quality of 4w3 would be actually. It's hard to pin down.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

Really, I could see 2w3, 3w2, 3w4, 7w6, and 7w8 with this reputation. I understand some 4w3s probably adopt this attitude as well but I think it's not really a core aspect that deserves to be emphasized like some do. Although I'm not quite sure what a core quality of 4w3 would be actually. It's hard to pin down.
    Well, in general 4w3's will be more outspoken with their emotions, they appear melodramatic. They can also have problems with vanity, and they're just more focused on the general public. These traits feel like they create flamboyancy quite easily, at least in the public sphere. If there's not something else in the way, like shyness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't know, sometimes, the 7w6 deserves that title instead. There seems to be a great variety between famous 4w3's in terms of how flashy they are, Prince is very flashy, Michael Stipe is not, Morrissey is averagely flashy. In the public sphere, I'd love to be the center of attention, to be perceived as exhibionistic, charming, colorful as well as sympathetic. But in the private sphere I want to be left alone completely, and that's when I feel moody if my space has been invaded. For instance, I don't like having neighbors. This caused issues in the past with my friends, they would always find me fun to be around at school, but after school I never wanted to hang out with them. It annoyed them greatly, I tried explaining myself but they never really got it.
    And Prince's demeanor still seems withdrawn, IMO.... that's where people get confused - personality in terms of demeanor vs a visual image. Even many 4w5s craft very attention-grabbing visual images & personas (ie. Marilyn Manson). They can be dramatic in their art as well (both wings), but in interviews these people don't come across as "high energy". The 4 is actually quite inhibited and calculated in many ways, and the 3 wing possibly adds even more of a controlled & contrived aspect.

When I think of dramatic and flamboyant in the actual demeanor, then I agree that 2w3, 3w2, & 7w6 are better candidates. 3w4 tend to be cooler & more calculated even if outgoing & expressive & 7w8 lack the frenetic energy of 7w6, often seeming cooler & calmer even if still hammy at times.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

4w3 are more flamboyant than 4w5. Boy George much? I originally typed myself as 4w3 and its still my heart fix. It's probably Lana del Reys heart fix even if she is a 9...4w3 like to stand out as personas or artistes. A lot of writers who don't really write but live like hipsters are likely 4w3...it doesn't.necessarily mean "loud."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I would've guessed Boy George is an ESFP 7w6....but I don't know that much about him.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's exactly how I am. I crave an audience or an outlet, and can get depressed without it, but in my private life I am so like leave me the hell alone, I actually dress down sometimes to try to be more invisible.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ I would've guessed Boy George is an ESFP 7w6....but I don't know that much about him.
    ESFP probably, but I have always typed him as 4w3 and have seen others type him as such. He seems to actually have a level of reserve and sensitivity, and he covered himself in the 3 image for years, almost hiding behind it. Seeing him without make up was like...a thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    4w3 are more flamboyant than 4w5. Boy George much? I originally typed myself as 4w3 and its still my heart fix. It's probably Lana del Reys heart fix even if she is a 9...4w3 like to stand out as personas or artistes. A lot of writers who don't really write but live like hipsters are likely 4w3...it doesn't.necessarily mean "loud."
    Yeah I think lana is a 4w3. Not seeing nine..