User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 120

  1. #1
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default The Merit of Lana Del Rey

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    She's one or the other.
    Bottom-of-the-barrel hipster crap, either way.


    *Mod edit: split from this thread*
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 08-08-2014 at 05:19 PM. Reason: split thread, merged
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

  2. #2
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Bottom-of-the-barrel hipster crap, either way.
    Oh look another hipster who denies being a hipster who has about zero knowledge of Lana del Rey musically or artistically who enjoys parroting gossip about the "queen of Urban Outfitters"...Ultraviolence will highly likely be nominated for album of the year and is the first number one pop album in forty to fifty years to be recorded live with a hand held microphone and a seven piece band, but then again you probably don't even know anything about music.

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    @Hive

    Burn.

    Hive doesn't know anything about music

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    shit just got real.

  5. #5
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh look another hipster who denies being a hipster who has about zero knowledge of Lana del Rey musically or artistically who enjoys parroting gossip about the "queen of Urban Outfitters"...Ultraviolence will highly likely be nominated for album of the year and is the first number one pop album in forty to fifty years to be recorded live with a hand held microphone and a seven piece band, but then again you probably don't even know anything about music.
    i hope for your sake that someone on her publicity team is paying you for this

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i hope for your sake that someone on her publicity team is paying you for this
    The pretentiousness in the air is so thick I could cut it with a knife.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i hope for your sake that someone on her publicity team is paying you for this
    The pretentiousness in the air is so thick I could cut it with a knife.

  7. #7
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    The pretentiousness in the air is so thick I could cut it with a knife.
    you are making way too many assumptions about people. accusing someone of not knowing anything about music because of their opinion on one person is a pretty pretentious attitude to have.

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    you are making way too many assumptions about people. accusing someone of not knowing anything about music because of their opinion on one person is a pretty pretentious attitude to have.
    Nah you see if the person simply said I don't like her music or she doesn't speak to me, that's one thing, but instead the person has to pose with the condescending trendyfuck attitude that this is "bottom of the barrel hipster garbage" while not even being able to note the musical merit...mocking Lana del Rey is pretty much poseur trash behavior. I am a real fan, not on her publicity team, and I get sick of it.

    It's the equivalent of doing things or not because it's fashionable, or anti fashion, instead of just saying well no not my cup of tea.

  9. #9
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Nah you see if the person simply said I don't like her music or she doesn't speak to me, that's one thing, but instead the person has to pose with the condescending trendyfuck attitude that this is "bottom of the barrel hipster garbage" while not even being able to note the musical merit...mocking Lana del Rey is pretty much poseur trash behavior. I am a real fan, not on her publicity team, and I get sick of it.

    It's the equivalent of doing things or not because it's fashionable, or anti fashion, instead of just saying well no not my cup of tea.

  10. #10
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    Im not getting what your point is other than you also belong to the Lana hater club. Her fan base is intense and you either get it or you don't, but some people criticize her without even have had listened to her music or understanding her relevance musically...and it's fine to not like her. I mean don't you mostly prefer rap and hip hop, whatever. But calling her bottom of the barrel when she is musically talented is simply incorrect, and calling her a hipster isn't a real reason. Usually people who call LDR a hipster are hipsters themselves in the most insecure lemmings sense of the word, rather than the artistic or socially aware or relevant sense of the word. My ISTP was pointing out just how misused and pointless the word hipster has become because it has so many definitions. Originally hipsters were people like Andy Warhols Factory and the beatniks who came before them.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 08-01-2017, 10:32 PM
  2. Lana Del Ray hexes Donald Trump at stroke of midnight
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 01:13 AM
  3. The Law of merited Impossibility
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM
  4. [MBTItm] The merit of stuffed animals
    By nightning in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO