User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 164

  1. #41
    Senior Member SubtleFighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    idunno.

    I don't. I think someone else does though.

    I certainly see them as small energy.
    If you call someone a 6 as a way to insult them (as you did in the quote I mentioned earlier), why would you do that if you don't think of 6s as inferior?

    When you say that "someone else" thinks of 6s as inferior, do you mean people who try to convince you that you are one?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

    . . . metamorphosing . . .

  2. #42
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    Here's a good 6 trait: we cut through bullshit . Trying to poke holes in everything can be very useful and lead to insight.
    Agreed. The mind of a 6 is one of the most fascinating things I've encountered in my life. My brother is a 6 and within one conversation he knows exactly who someone is and whether they're trustworthy. He's never wrong. That mind is always ticking.

    I'm wondering--why do you see being a 6 as being "less"? And in the second quote, you say "6" like it's an insult. The enneagram types ALL have positive aspects AND negative aspects to them. As a 6, I don't feel like that makes me less than 8s. Nor do I feel like 8s are less than me. I think it would be good to think about why you feel that being a 6 is inferior to being an 8, as a way to better understand yourself and others.
    Lol, "less than" - I have seen 6 used as an insult on forums and it boggles my mind? Why??! 6s are the only head type with a line to heart. How can you be cooler than that? I love me some 7s and 5s but the cold logic can be infuriating... 6's use their mind just as effectively but also have tremendous passion. For example Amy Lee from Evanescence, SX cp-6. Such a cool type. I would also put Matthew Bellamy from Muse at type 6. Those are some of the best musicians. I can't think of an 8 musician whose songs are as intense and driven and cut to the core with that kind of passionate energy and cleverness of lyrics. Being a songwriter myself I realized most of the songwriters I love most seem to be 4s and 6s.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  3. #43
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    If you call someone a 6 as a way to insult them (as you did in the quote I mentioned earlier), why would you do that if you don't think of 6s as inferior?

    When you say that "someone else" thinks of 6s as inferior, do you mean people who try to convince you that you are one?
    hmm... not sure. in my mind, 6's are small energy and anxious and scared when they don't have support. I do not embody these traits.
    I suppose I take personal insult when someone tells me that that's who I am, so I project and think this is a viable insult onto others.

    I'm pretty sure I'd get just as insulted if you told me i was a 3 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because I fucking hate 3's. They are my worst enemies. narcissistic jealous insecure one-uppers, except those few times when they are not (which in my experience has been rare).

    I'd get insulted if you told me i was a 9 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because they are depressing, low energy and frankly, they creep me out.

    Its wierd. i have a very strong identity, except when I stand still I become blind to it. So when you suggest I am anything other than a ninja, i get angry.

  4. #44

    Default

    If DJ Arendee would be really so sure, about his type, then what would this thread be about? If he really knows, he's an 8, why does he feel the need to proof it and pitty himself, because others were so cruel and typed him as 6? And what is so bad about being a 6 anyway? They are the most malleable type and can develope and change to literally anyone, so they are kind of a mistery. You never can know what a type 6 is like until you know the person's background. And what is the big deal about "they told me I am mistypded"? Sure...everyone has some opinion you can take it, think about it and accept it, or reject it, but what the hell is bitching about someone else's opinion about? If you know your type the best, fuck others...why would anyone make a hateful thread like this, because such a dumb and meaningless thing?

  5. #45
    Senior Member mcgooglian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'd get insulted if you told me i was a 9 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because they are depressing, low energy and frankly, they creep me out.
    Are you saying I creep you out? Join us you crazy 6.

  6. #46
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    hmm... not sure. in my mind, 6's are small energy and anxious and scared when they don't have support. I do not embody these traits.
    I suppose I take personal insult when someone tells me that that's who I am, so I project and think this is a viable insult onto others.

    I'm pretty sure I'd get just as insulted if you told me i was a 3 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because I fucking hate 3's. They are my worst enemies. narcissistic jealous insecure one-uppers, except those few times when they are not (which in my experience has been rare).

    I'd get insulted if you told me i was a 9 OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, because they are depressing, low energy and frankly, they creep me out.

    Its wierd. i have a very strong identity, except when I stand still I become blind to it. So when you suggest I am anything other than a ninja, i get angry.
    i'm in no way an authority on type 6 but my understanding is that phobic 6's are anxious, super cautious and slow to act...but counterphobics rebel against that inherent fear to the point of feeling as tho they fear nothing and they attempt to show it to you constantly by being all roarrr grr hisss etc.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #47
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    I admit I've used E6 as an insult in the past. It was foolish of me and I regret it. That was when I didn't completely understand enneagram that way I do now. I'm in charge of 10 or so E6's and 5's. They are unafraid of many things that i am afraid of. They all seem to think I need their protection. Perhaps I do. idunno.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    If DJ Arendee would be really so sure, about his type, then what would this thread be about? If he really knows, he's an 8, why does he feel the need to proof it and pitty himself, because others were so cruel and typed him as 6? And what is so bad about being a 6 anyway? They are the most malleable type and can develope and change to literally anyone, so they are kind of a mistery. You never can know what a type 6 is like until you know the person's background. And what is the big deal about "they told me I am mistypded"? Sure...everyone has some opinion you can take it, think about it and accept it, or reject it, but what the hell is bitching about someone else's opinion about? If you know your type the best, fuck others...why would anyone make a hateful thread like this, because such a dumb and meaningless thing?
    I'm mad because my youtube subscribers are being banned from forums because they post my videos.

    8's are not certain about their type, contrary to popular belief. 8's are self forgetting.

  9. #49
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'm mad because my youtube subscribers are being banned from forums because they post my videos.

    8's are not certain about their type, contrary to popular belief. 8's are self forgetting.
    i just don't even believe this.
    @Elfboy since you hang around there too. what say you?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  10. #50
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm in no way an authority on type 6 but my understanding is that phobic 6's are anxious, super cautious and slow to act...but counterphobics rebel against that inherent fear to the point of feeling as tho they fear nothing and they attempt to show it to you constantly by being all roarrr grr hisss etc.
    counterphobia only means they face their fear of being without support and guidance head on. they are lone wolfs. sometimes they are blustery but that's because they are scared. once you show them you are going to push back aggressively to their own aggression, they leave you alone and actually become scared of you. 8's are the most animalistic and in tune with their instincts. When animals strike you from behind, its because they take that opportunity to take down the threat instead of deal with the anxiety of letting it come back to get them later.

    I'm just a monster. *starts crying*

    8w7's are agile minded gut types who act without thinking. Can be very wreckless.

    I am so good at Se, that I use it to fuck with people for kicks. I slam chairs into desks of other students so that I can watch the scared reactions on their faces as they fear that their pencils will fall on the ground. I do parkour moves over my desk in the middle of class when I want a tissue, etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Why is there hatred in the world?
    By danseen in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 06:07 AM
  2. Why is there opposition to women in combat roles?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
  3. Why is there no telephone art?
    By Mole in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO