First 34567 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe View Post
    I have enough energy to kill a horse with my eyes sometimes, but I still drink coffee every day since I was about 11. I drink even more coffee when I'm doing something that requires mental focusing, like writing my book for instance. If I'm doing active body stuff, I just energize myself and don't need as much coffee.

Hm. Maybe this is why my enneagram-literate friends are insisting I have a 9 wing.
    I find 8w9 to be one of the easier calls to make, simply based on observation, not on their coffee drinking. What kind of book are you writing?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I find 8w9 to be one of the easier calls to make, simply based on observation, not on their coffee drinking. What kind of book are you writing?
    Fantasy/sci-fi trilogy (or double-trilogy). I've been building on it all my life. I'm working with a co-author who is a linguist & has built languages all his life. He's a 5w4, actually. I do all the plot & characters but we work together on the history and religions and he does the languages. I prefer to let the book write itself in terms of scenes and specifics, but I know where it's going.

Why is 8w9 such an easy call to make?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'm not asking if 9s need coffee to go into survival mode. I'm asking if they need it to give them the energy just to make it through their day.
    Nope. 9s addiction is more about narcotisation than needing caffeine to be awake. 9s are typically low energy, that doesn't mean we don't have any, just that we don't need to be engaged in higher energy things to be satisfied.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I was a total caffeine addict for many, many years. My caffeine of choice was Coke Zero. I can't remember when it started, but it must have been in 2007? I've tried to quit several times and many times I managed to stay away for several months, but the craving was always there beneath the surface, which caused me to relapse several times. I only managed to give it up for good only just last month, and that's because I figured how to actually kill the craving as opposed to just ignore it. I realized that the reason I was addicted to caffeine is because I was tired all the time because I had what I realize now is bad eating habit, meaning that I have a tendency to eat too little real food and tend to leave long intervals between meal. It's a relic from my days when I was deathly scared of eating for fear of gaining weight. Then I would be so tired, really, really thought about it and felt 'low' and have very low energy and motivation to do anything, and I needed a 'kick' and that feeling of excitement, and of course I'd reach for Coke Zero and sometimes sources of BOTH caffeine and sugar like bubble tea, iced teas and coffee and sometimes chocolate. Several months leading up quitting this time i have already greatly tapered off my coke zero consumption and came to this realization that if I really want to kick the habit for good, I had replace it with something so I started eating regular meals and more fruit, and because I was used to going 10-16 hours without food I had such a low appetite so I had to make myself eat even when I wasn't hungry...and what do I know I start having real energy again and I can actually cycle for a lot longer without having to force myself to, I'm losing weight without much effort, my appetite returned, I start to sweat and feel hot again and my skin is so much better now!
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Nope. 9s addiction is more about narcotisation than needing caffeine to be awake. 9s are typically low energy, that doesn't mean we don't have any, just that we don't need to be engaged in higher energy things to be satisfied.
    You could argue the same for 5s and 4s if so though.

Unrelated to anyone, I personally think how much caffeine we intake has more to do with the culture we live in than our type. I don't drink coffee or any other drinks containing caffeine besides coke in arguably one of the most most coffee-loving cultures in the world. We even got a specific word for a social gathering that includes taking a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll - fika.

(because Swedish culture is awesome)

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I test as a 9 and have no addiction to caffeine to speak of. I kinda always wanted one, though. It seems like those who are are also more productive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I know I am addicted to caffeine because if I don't have it I get a pretty awful headache. I don't notice it having much of a stimulating effect, though. If I'm sleepy having caffeine doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I would consider weaning myself off it it, because I don't drink coffee regularly and soda is pretty horrible for you, but I am not giving up black tea. I mean, if you can't have tea, why even live?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I know I am addicted to caffeine because if I don't have it I get a pretty awful headache. I don't notice it having much of a stimulating effect, though. If I'm sleepy having caffeine doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I would consider weaning myself off it it, because I don't drink coffee regularly and soda is pretty horrible for you, but I am not giving up black tea. I mean, if you can't have tea, why even live?
    I gave up all caffeine because of its deleterious effects, both physical and mental. It's a horrible drug.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I gave up all caffeine because of its deleterious effects, both physical and mental. It's a horrible drug.
    You probably don't feel the same way about tea as I do.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I don't know if I'm physically addicted to it or not (never wanted to test it! ) but would wager a "most likely." Coffee doesn't really wake me up as much as it makes me feel functional and normal; my brain is a bouncy, foggy mess if not. I've been a daily (and too much) coffee-consumer since the age of 14. My therapist thinks my excessive caffeine (and nicotine) consumption is/was my way of self-medicating prior to ADHD diagnosis and medication, which may or may not be true. I still drink way too much coffee after having been on medication for awhile. In addition to whatever benefits of caffeine I experience, I love the comfort and routine of physically putting on a pot of coffee, going to do something else while I wait, being beckoned back to the kitchen by the aroma, preparing my cup the way I like it, and going to sit outside with my mug and a cigarette. Mmm. Easily my favorite part of the day.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with my 9ness.