• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] ISTP 8w4

Psabbb

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8W4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a female ISTP. My enneagram said i am type 8w4. I have not found any other istps with these same results. Can someone explain to me if Im just a unicorn or if this is a normal result? And is the wing number the second highest number other than the 8? Because that was my 2nd dominated trait other than type 8.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Enneagram works as follows:

Heart: 2, 3, 4
Head: 5, 6, 7
Gut: 8, 9, 1

You will have one in each type, ranged in order of strongest to weakest in what is known as a "tritype." For example, I am a 461: 4>6>1.

Now, in addition to that, each number of your tritype will lean towards what is known as a "wing." You lean either toward the number below or the number above. My main fix is a 4 and it leans to a 5, so I am a 4w5.

I hope this helps!