User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Permabanned

I sort of want to be famous but the word that fits better is notorious. I'm not vain at all I don't care if people love me. I just want to be a force of nature that makes as big of an impact as possible. I don't care if it's good or bad. I probably owe it to my 4w3 fix and the ego of my 7w8.

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    Most celebrities have hardly any real power and are just cogs in a big machine, mindless and sterile. I'd hardly compare them to barons.

The media is indeed dedicated since its conception to have our full atention, since attention is energy. The media mogs are best compared to scientist running lab tests. And we are the rats.

A system is best understood from the inside, hence my interest in joining it.
    We have moved from the money economy of the 19th century to the attention economy of the 21st century.

And the money economy, at least in civilized countries like Oz, is regulated and competitive, but the attention economy is yet to be regulated and is ruled by monopoly.

We are dazzled by the attention economy and dream of making it big like a celebrity, forgetting that the attention we pay a celebrity is stolen form those around us.

Ultimately it is a moral issue.

And how pathetic are the immoral dreamers, dreaming of celebrity.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I think any type could have the desire for fame, though some would be more likely than others. I'd think that 3's would be the most desiring of it.

I don't want to be famous. However I do not want to be unknown. If I am invisible or not well regarded in work, school, family, social circles, etc. I feel really terrible about myself. I have to be noticed/remembered at a certain level to be happy. There is a good chunk of me that tries really hard to be "the best".
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

I just want to hang out with famous people. I actually know this guy and we're friends who is a dancer for pop/hip hop stars' concerts. and my brother's friend works on shows out in LA. (I don't know what he does), But i don't want to ask if I can meet x? because I don't want to be one of those people.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I just want to hang out with famous people.
    We used to say, I just want to hang out with rich people, but now we say, we just want to hang out with famous people.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We used to say, I just want to hang out with rich people, but now we say, we just want to hang out with famous people.
    yeah so? I just know they'd think I was awesome.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    yeah so? I just know they'd think I was awesome.
    Rich people hang out with rich people; and famous people hang out with famous people.

MBTI
    yupp

Rich people hang out with rich people; and famous people hang out with famous people.
    you're wrong, I'm just awesome it doesn't matter what my status is. people will want to hang out with me
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se

We have moved from the money economy of the 19th century to the attention economy of the 21st century.

And the money economy, at least in civilized countries like Oz, is regulated and competitive, but the attention economy is yet to be regulated and is ruled by monopoly.

We are dazzled by the attention economy and dream of making it big like a celebrity, forgetting that the attention we pay a celebrity is stolen form those around us.

Ultimately it is a moral issue.

And how pathetic are the immoral dreamers, dreaming of celebrity.
    As prettily as you worded it, it's still a run to ground subject where you offer no new angle of discussion or personal insight. Everthing has been said before and better.

I hardly see it as a moral issue, but then again according to you I'm a pathetic immoral dreamer.

It's funny to see someone so far up in their high horse being active in a forum like this. A lot of what happens here is narcissism masked as self searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    It's funny to see someone so far up in their high horse being active in a forum like this. A lot of what happens here is narcissism masked as self searching.
    I aim to amuse.