User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Sp/sx and so/sx...

Would these get on as good friends/romantic partners or would the so/sx annoy the sp/sx in general?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it's the same thing with the extrovert/introvert pairing: both have to understand the other's need for social contact/privacy and clear communication and boundaries have to be set. The shared secondary sx might work in their favor, though. The sp/sx learns to open up while the so/sx learns to focus and zoom in on the connection. It's like meeting in the middle and both parties can be happy with the arrangement.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

Maybe two introverts/extraverts with these variants might work. The introvert so/sx still wants his her privacy, as does the introvert sp/sx....the extravert sp/sx still needs contact aside from him/herself, as does the extravert so/sx...Hmmm maybe?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

In my experience with these kind of relations is that they are not very compatible in social sense. I know a guy who is of the same MBTI type as I am, INFJ, but he is so/sx, and I'm sp/sx. We both have noticed that we just don't relate to each other very well though we share exactly same functions in common. It seems to me like he is operating on another plane. His so-concerns are not very involving for me and even seem kind of fake to me. He does take to sx/sp people better. This is not to say that a friendship or romantic relations are not possible as there are many other factors that contribute to compatibility.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Example of So/Sx-Sp/Sx couple:

[youtube=y0f3vp5FZPU]Gambit and Rogue Actual Scenes[/youtube]
    [youtube=XTixu6VgI3k]My favorite Rogue and Gambit scenes[/youtube]

Rogue: 6w7 So/Sx Gambit: 7w8 Sp/Sx
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

brainheart

Seems to be my situation. We work pretty well, although there's been moments.

What's good, instinct-wise:
    He brings me out into the world. He's good at getting my fun side out.
    I remind him that what he really wants and establishing limits, boundaries is important.
    I let him socialize with his crew plenty; I'm happy to have the alone time.

The difficult:
    He's so energetic and outwardly focused. It overwhelms me sometimes and keeps me from talking.
    He seems way more passionate and sexual than me. I have a hard time revealing that side of me, although it is very present, so it can make me seem prudish, but I just need my space.

He likes to talk a lot. I'm relatively non-verbal, unless I'm writing or excited. My 'mystery', which he finds attractive, also bugs him at times cause I reveal so little.

He can never just sit and chill while he thinks I sit and chill too much, but there's so much going on inside that he never sees.