User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surgery View Post
    They're the directions of integration (healthy behavior) and disintegration (stress point). For example, as type Fours exhibit more healthy behaviors associated with that style (compassion, spontaneous creativity), they also become more self-disciplined and practical like type Ones. When type Fours fall into lower stages of development, they may become manipulative and needy like an unhealthy Two. How the Enneagram Personality System Works can provide more accurate info, however.

    P.S.
    Welcome. Although you joined last month, I've never seen you around : )
    Thank you & thank you.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  2. #12
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Bird theory. Birds' wings are next to the main subject (the body) as well.

  3. #13
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Bird theory. Birds' wings are next to the main subject (the body) as well.
    But... can't a bird's wing be detached from his body and still work?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #14
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    It's arbitrary. Hence why there are a good dozen explanations for it floating around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #15
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Well, you don't want wings to be separated from the core. Think about it. When you fly, wings need to be attached to what generates the work needed for flying, otherwise they're just pieces of meat without a purpose.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  6. #16
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Well Ming, the steadfast followers of the original Enneagram can provide you a lot of reasons. I personally don't think any of them make sense.

    It seems to me that the wing system in the Enneagram is superficial symbolism. It is a situation where the symbol dictates the logic more than the logic dictates the symbol. It doesn't really makes sense because there's really no consistency in the sequence of the types what-so-ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It's arbitrary. Hence why there are a good dozen explanations for it floating around.
    Good point. It's like when people explain the reason for biblical traditions.

    Anyhow, it is a bad sign. Being that a personality type system is entirely devised by people, and should basically be a system of deductive logic, there is no reason that there should be more than one explanation for something if that thing actually has a rational reason for existing at all. There should be no uncertainty.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  7. #17
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well Ming, the steadfast followers of the original Enneagram can provide you a lot of reasons. I personally don't think any of them make sense.

    It seems to me that the wing system in the Enneagram is superficial symbolism. It is a situation where the symbol dictates the logic more than the logic dictates the symbol. It doesn't really makes sense because there's really no consistency in the sequence of the types what-so-ever.
    You're right and that makes sense. But if a 6w7 can't really exist, a 1w6 can't exist anymore.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Anyhow, it is a bad sign. Being that a personality type system is entirely devised by people, and should basically be a system of deductive logic, there is no reason that there should be more than one explanation for something if that thing actually has a rational reason for existing at all. There should be no uncertainty.
    That is a very interesting quote- from someone who's posted thousands of times talking about "people devised personality systems". :rolli: I'm just sayin'....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp

  9. #19
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You're right and that makes sense. But if a 6w7 can't really exist, a 1w6 can't exist anymore.
    Care to elaborate the workings of this proposition?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rena View Post
    That is a very interesting quote- from someone who's posted thousands of times talking about "people devised personality systems". :rolli: I'm just sayin'....
    Frankly, I don't see how.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #20
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Care to elaborate the workings of this proposition?
    Assuming that I have understand your post, wings don't really exist but are just symbolic and spiritual representation based on anything but he structure of the enneagram figure itself. So, if wings are just an enneagram invention, and that 5w6, 7w8, 8w9 or 1w9 for example are just invention, 3w9, 1w6 or 7w2 are inventions too based on anything but the subjective representations of the inventor who think that 1 and 6 look alike for example.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Why Do the Feds Usually Try to Unlock Phones?
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 07:42 AM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 08:26 AM
  3. Why do ENTJ's want to kill all the poor?
    By Cellmold in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 05:04 PM
  4. [ENFP] Why do ENFPs need time to be alone?
    By VanillaCat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 02:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO