• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Board game fetishes

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Ive been playing ticket to ride a lot lately with my best friend, i found it for free on the amazon app store and downloaded it to my tablet and they have a pass and play option, its a lot of fun.

I also got with my other friend (we have yet to play it because we've not hung out since i've gotten it) is pandemic. I'm excited for that one i told my first friend that he'd probably like that game and that i'll try and borrow since me and my second friend have joint custody. also I like uno and most card games. I wanted to get settler's of catan but that was like 60 dollars. I want to get more games.

I wanted to join a table top gaming group but i couldn't find one where i live, maybe check the comic book store. my mom's like why not start one? and i was like because i'd have to buy a bunch of games and i don't have the money to do so. so I'm slowly collecting them but its gonna take awhile.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
This applies somewhat, but I think this is more descriptive of ISTJs. INTJs are more often of a "screw the details" (Ni) mentality.

Actually, war sims are almost entirely tactical, with little input for strategy (They're just slower paced). Strategy is a more timeless and holistic line of thinking along the lines of Sun Tzu's The Art of War. War sims are indeed slow paced, but you don't go through years (more along the lines of a few hours) of set up, I think you're talking about grand strategy games.

I don't know anything about Dynasty warriors, but I think games with dynamic and split second decision making (especially fighting games like Soul Caliber) would be fitting for your tastes as you describe them.

Huh. I know many INTJ and not a single person whom I do not want to strangle every second of the day for getting hung up on details.

Not super-into fighting games. DW tactics is about the right pace for me. You can do a little of bit of planning-making alliances, stationing troops and delegating to use special abilities in battle but you play in the battle yourself and give troops orders based on what is happening moment-to moment.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Huh. I know many INTJ and not a single person whom I do not want to strangle every second of the day for getting hung up on details.

Not super-into fighting games. DW tactics is about the right pace for me. You can do a little of bit of planning-making alliances, stationing troops and delegating to use special abilities in battle but you play in the battle yourself and give troops orders based on what is happening moment-to moment.

Under Jungian Functions, Ni is the most big picture oriented function. While being big picture oriented does not have to come at the cost of not being detail oriented, it often does. ISTJ are much more likely to zero in on the concrete details. It is likely that you are mistaking a lot of intelligent ISTJs for INTJs.