User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    That sucks. What platform are you playing on? I didn't have any problems on the PC.
    I'm playing on the 360, and once its triggered there is no way of getting around that particular bug on the consoles. I'm just hoping I didn't do something earlier in the game that somehow causes the bug to repeat itself everytime that questline is attempted. This is the first serious bug I've run into, nothing so far on the level of the horribly bugged Oblivion Thieves Guild questline.

I think my wording may have given a mistaken impression, however; I didn't have to replay ten hours of gameplay, I just meant I'll try again later. My system for Elder Scrolls games is to save compulsively through ten-hour intervals, keep a permanent save file at the end of those intervals, and repeat untill I'm finished playing.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I'm playing on the 360, and once its triggered there is no way of getting around that particular bug on the consoles. I'm just hoping I didn't do something earlier in the game that somehow causes the bug to repeat itself everytime that questline is attempted. This is the first serious bug I've run into, nothing so far on the level of the horribly bugged Oblivion Thieves Guild questline.

I think my wording may have given a mistaken impression, however; I didn't have to replay ten hours of gameplay, I just meant I'll try again later. My system for Elder Scrolls games is to save compulsively through ten-hour intervals, keep a permanent save file at the end of those intervals, and repeat untill I'm finished playing.
    Yeah, after playing TES games for more than 5 years, and even noticing that each of them explicitly warned me about not saving, I do so at least every 10 minutes or so. However, when playing my warrior I became quite lazy knowing that I could pretty much sit down and sip tea while batting off multiple boss opponents.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a level 52 high elf mage sub thief, with a decent amount of levels racked up on my one handed skill. Finished the main quest, dark brotherhood, thieves guild and college of winterhold. Enjoying it immensely, although the PS3 lag can be a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes.

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I did the Civil War quests (both sides), and I chose the Stormcloacks for my non-evil (i.e. no Dark Brotherhood or evil Daedric quests) save file; Ulfric is a racist, narcissistic prick, but the Thalmor are much worse, and weakening Talos seems crucial to their plans to remake the world and remove the very concept of humanity from reality. When you factor in that the Empire is unlikely to gain strength with Thalmor militias free to roam around, it seems like the best option.

Besides, it seems to me that allowing a religious Inquisition* against the majority population of an entire country is actually worse than forcing a minority population of one province to live in ghettoes.

*and before someone brings up the supression of the Reachmen's native religion, all I can say is a.) the fate of the world was not dependent on their religion and b.) it was a human-sacrificing religion that directly strengthened wholly evil and magically powerful supernatural creatures, so real-world religious freedom just doesn't apply.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Just picked this up last week and really enjoying it. Currently at High Hrothgar learning about the Shouts. Siding with the Stormcloaks at the moment but seriously thinking about the thieves guild/Dark brotherhood. I did the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion and loved it

I have such a hard time playing bad guys though...it can be incredibly satisfying, but I like having everyone in the world like me at the Hero
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Just picked this up last week and really enjoying it. Currently at High Hrothgar learning about the Shouts. Siding with the Stormcloaks at the moment but seriously thinking about the thieves guild/Dark brotherhood. I did the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion and loved it

I have such a hard time playing bad guys though...it can be incredibly satisfying, but I like having everyone in the world like me at the Hero
    I thought the thieves guild had a very interesting story line to go with it, so I definatly recomend doing that one (while you of course do some thieving as part of it, the only thing I recall feeling really guilty about in the questline was the first two quests to actually getting into the guild). I can't comment on the brotherhood quests in skyrim as I've not done those yet, but I also liked the oblivion ones until the final part of it.
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

The Dark Brotherhood quests were pretty engaging. Well...the main story ones.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ISFP

Been lurking for a while in this thread. I'm a wood elf mage. I sided with the Imperials but I find both sides to be pawns for the Thalmor. I think the rebellion is as much an attempt to weaken the empire by the Thalmor as outlawing Talos worship. Ultimately its a choice between turd sandwich and giant douche. I guess this time around I went with giant douche and my next character will choose a turd sandwich. :P

I've played both sides to it.. The only cool person in the entire questline is Rikke. Even if you side with the Cloaks.

Permabanned

The witcher 2 > Elder scrolls.