First 89101112 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INTPs who are scared of things like Poltergeist and Scary Movie make me want to squeal in delight.

Now I know where all of this over-compensatory braggadocio comes from. *snickers*

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the torture scenes in Martyrs? I love horror movies, I could watch them on repeat, and some of them even give me an adrenaline rush...and I will probably never watch Martyrs again, or if I do it will be a while. It's already been a couple of years. It made me think but it's just...
    I liked the idea behind it (at least what I made of it). But the first half of the film was just boring.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Jaws -- I agree. I was sort of scared of the ocean the next time I went to the beach as a kid from this movie. Any movie that puts an animal in danger of becoming extinct because people are scared of it was a damn scary movie.
    The moment before the end credits roll -- The Blair Witch Project -- THIS is an absolute for me. The small, tiny hand prints already had me curled up.. but (over 10 year old spoilers) the guy standing in the corner, like a child.. @_@ .. It still gives me the creeps. The ARGs that opened up as a result of this movie are amazing as well.
    I cannot fathom anyone being scared of the Blair Witch Project. It was so disappointing to me. I was like...omg...are you fucking serious?

It doesn't cross over to my suspension of disbelief, and it's not because it's low budget. Texas Chainsaw Massacre accomplished it beautifully.

I wonder if what scares us is very personal, or some people are more easily absorbed into things that obviously aren't real.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I liked the idea behind it (at least what I made of it). But the first half of the film was just boring.
    I guess I'm more easily caught up in the human drama element because I really wanted to know what the hell was wrong with that girl and why she was there, doing what she did. The mystery of it intrigued me.

I remember after I finished watching it I went out in my front yard and sat in the grass and thought about it, I mean the concept it was attempting to convey.

MBTI
    ENTP

The part in Ferngully when Hexxus further materializes himself using the toxins and pollution produced by that tree chopping machine, meanwhile Tim Curry's ominous presence and melodic singing just completely set a tone that completely sent chills up my spine.

With this admission I'm sure I've backslid about 5 notches, coming dangerously close to broaching the pussy category on the marm-o-meter of film masculinity.

EDIT:...Implying I wasn't there already.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    The part in Ferngully when Hexxus further materializes himself using the toxins and pollution produced by that tree chopping machine, meanwhile Tim Curry's ominous presence and melodic singing just completely set a tone that completely sent chills up my spine.

With this admission I'm sure I've backslid about 5 notches, coming dangerously close to broaching the pussy category on the marm-o-meter of film masculinity.

You didn't get this feeling when you saw Tone Loc as that lizard?

I guess I'm more easily caught up in the human drama element because I really wanted to know what the hell was wrong with that girl and why she was there, doing what she did. The mystery of it intrigued me.
    I believe - I do not recall much of it - the mad girl mystery struck me as rather phony. The first half did have Xavier Dolan, of course, though not for long.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post

Don't worry. I'll protect you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I cannot fathom anyone being scared of the Blair Witch Project. It was so disappointing to me. I was like...omg...are you fucking serious?

It doesn't cross over to my suspension of disbelief, and it's not because it's low budget. Texas Chainsaw Massacre accomplished it beautifully.

I wonder if what scares us is very personal, or some people are more easily absorbed into things that obviously aren't real.
    It didn't scare me, but it could be very creepy.

That final image was chilling, just because you're thinking "OMG she's about to...!"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It didn't scare me, but it could be very creepy.

That final image was chilling, just because you're thinking "OMG she's about to...!"
    I was pretty young then, in my teens. When I found out it wasn't a documentary I was like HAHAHAHAH. I remember sitting in the theater and being so bored.

It was like watching my high school friends make a film project.

I couldn't get into Paranormal Activity either.