User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the TV series LOST?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

16 35.56%
  • Yes - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

9 20.00%
  • No - I have Fi as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

9 20.00%
  • No - I have Fe as my dominant, secondary, tertiary or inferior function.

5 11.11%
  • Never watched it therefore no opinion

6 13.33%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

So far it seems that xxFJs and xxTPs like Lost better than xxFPs and xxTJs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah, now I agree. I kept on watching because I thought in the end they would explain certain misteries that made parts of the story fascinating (perhaps I had a too-good experience with Star Trek, where storyline coherence is considered of utmost importance), yesterday I understood the writers were just pulling shit out of their asses to keep the largest set of potential audience interested.
    Word. Well, that was my impression as soon as I set eyes on the thing. I asked myself why something so manipulative and incoherent could possibly be popular, then the words "Target demographics" sprang to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    So you don't even wait to see if there's an explanation? You just bail right then and there?
    Well, I'll put it this way: if it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd, do you trust what previous experience has told you of the nature of turds and your ability to recognise them, and steer well clear, or do you stick your finger in, just to make sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    So far it seems that xxFJs and xxTPs like Lost better than xxFPs and xxTJs.
    Interesting, it seems to support Peacebaby's theory at any rate.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I loved the show, and loved the finale.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I watched maybe 5 episodes total, mostly in the first and last seasons, plus the finale and "recap" show before it, since others were watching it.

I voted no, since I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it, and objectively don't think it was a great show, just as mindless and superficially entertaining as most of what's on tv, but it pretends to be more.
    You can determine that by watching 5 episodes of a 6 season show? Not bad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Well, I'll put it this way: if it looks like a turd, and smells like a turd, do you trust what previous experience has told you of the nature of turds and your ability to recognise them, and steer well clear, or do you stick your finger in, just to make sure?
    How much of it did you watch again?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I loved it, am sad it is over, and will probably watch the whole series again.

MBTI
    STFU

i caught up on seasons 1-5 on hulu/dvd a month before season 6 started. thats a whole fucking lot of Lost. only around season 3 was i feeling burnt out.

honestly the first few seasons were my least favorite. john locke's character was the draw for me. i didn't care much for the relationships between jack, kate and sawyer. there wasn't enough movement in the plot. things just kind of meandered and dragged along too much. michael's character was PAINFUL to watch. its not until the 4th season that the story really picked up for me.

season 4 and especially 5 were fucking awesome. in season 4, i was a big fan of daniel faraday and miles and that hot british ginger and the story that was brought along with them, with mercenaries and what i construed as real danger (the smoke monster was just kinda silly till it was fleshed out in season 6). also, it was great seeing jack turned into a pathetic piece of shit after he escaped. the whole charles widmore subplot was great and moving the island was bad ass and desmond's story proved to be one of the more interesting to me. when he found his constant, he became my favorite character next to locke. oh and it broke my fucking heart when i found out locke dies.

most people i hear from hated season 5 and quit watching as soon as time travel was introduced. season 5 was when i decided i am in love with the show. the whole traveling back to 1975 and living with the dharma initiative (who turned out to be just a bunch of hippies) was great. maybe i am just a sucker for time travel plot devices. and my LEAST favorite character next to kate, who is jack, finally redeemed himself in my eyes when he strapped the hydrogen bomb to his back and marched off towards the swan station in the season finale.

i feel like i am still digesting season 6. it was very intense and plot-oriented but was amazing on its own. the more i think about the finale the more i like it. anyways, i would probably watch the series all over again and put it up there with other shows i loved like carnivale, six feet under and dexter. good times.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I have a better explanation: you're a fanboy!
    It's always easier to dismiss someone's opinion if you can lead yourself to believe they were biased in some way ahead of time... as if I was biased to like Lost before it even aired.

Nice logic there, girl.

Go back to the part where I said, "Apparently it worked for me, and apparently it did not work for others... and that's fine."
    Reread it a few times and chew on it.
    That's why conversations like this irritate me: Arguing over preference is ridiculous.

Frank: You should meatloaf because it's realllllly good!
    Jill: Uggh, I think meatloaf sucks.
    Frank: But I like it! What's your problem?
    Jill: You're just an idiot for liking meatloaf.
    Frank: It tastes good!
    Jill: It tastes like bull turds!
    Frank: Hater!
    Jill: Fanboy!
    Frank: *shoves meatloaf in Jill's hair*
    Jill: *hits Frank over head with Lost Season 5 DVD pack*

Meh.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I started watching lost, but was always busy with research or something and after I missed a few episodes I really was lost on the plot. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to catch back up with it so I stopped watching it. From what I watched at the beginning though I liked it a lot.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    How much of it did you watch again?
    Enough to know I didn't want to step in it and spend ages cleaning it off again; it has to be one of those snap decisions reallly
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...