User Tag List

First 22303132

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    I thought this was already a known thing. I heard that Lost wasn't planned beyond the first season or two back when I was watching it.

Anyhow, five years later, and you're still posting about it...is it safe to say that you have a love-hate relationship with Lost?
    Nope. Go back in the history of this thread and witness me at the time, telling folks the writers were just jerking us around, and see them bend themselves into fanboy/fangirl pretzels trying to make sense of it. I had a love hate relationship with folks who aren't even around anymore for me to say "I told ya so ".
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quoting gossip rags a few years after the show ended? And snippets of back-room talk and people shooting the shit? Who cares about this gossipy stuff?

Meanwhile, it was pretty damned obvious from a writer's perspective that they threw some stuff in early on in an attempt to stir up potential ideas, even while they had a generous portion of character backgrounds (more of the show core) figured out. Writers all do that; it's just that in an unfolding TV series, you don't get to backtrack and erase stuff that ended up not being able to be worked in. Novelists remove that stuff in second draft. It's one of the problems with "on the fly" story creation, although if you're good at it, you can add things that are flexible enough that you can work it all in.

The polar bear thing was pretty stupid to begin with, and it's no wonder they just dropped the idea and focused on the stuff that was more easily pulled together. I think trying to explain too much of the island at the end was a mistake, since the explanation sometimes is not as strong as the mystery, but whatever.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

Well what do ya know, one of them is still around, but she's no longer bending into pretzels to justify the plot that made no sense, she's just denying the plot had to make sense to being with because... characters.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"