• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seeing a Career Counselor?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anybody here saw a career counselor before? I'm thinking of maybe going to one sometimes either this year or next year when I have the time and resources, but I just want confirmation that it is a good idea before I go. I am on a personal quest to learn more about myself and one of these things include finding my true calling, what ever that may be. Is it worth the money seeing someone for this?

tia.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw one at the beginning of this year but... I have changed my mind again about my next studies since I saw that career counsellor. :rolleyes:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Where do you even find career counselors?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Where do you even find career counselors?

Well I know universities have them, but I'm not sure if you can go to one at a university if you were never a student there. The one at my uni seemed to focus in resume building and other stuff that didn't seem particularly useful to me. This is based on website descriptions, as I've never been there.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sure,

It's a common practice here in Finland for recently graduated or for anyone who has been extendedly unemployed. They are also part of curriculum in multiple grades at school.

They are also pretty useless (atleast for me, I knew from age 5 what I wanted to be), as they are just employing simple tests to find your proficiencies.
"Oh, I see you like technical stuff. Would be interested in a technical carreer?"
"Let's build your CV! Here's the standard form. Be sure be memorable, bye!"
"We've got a great opportunity for you! For a month you'll work for free for this employer, and perhaps he'll employ you at the end of the period! (or ditch you and take the next free employee)."