User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Anyone out there work for the CIA, NSA, or FBI?

I am curious on what you studied in college and if it has helped in your current career.
    "It's hard for them to simper and bow without heads." - Littlefinger

"A man with great ambition and no morals, I wouldn't bet against you." -Varys

Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.- Machiavelli

The condition of man... is a condition of war of everyone against everyone.- Hobbes

HP House: Slytherin
    GOT House: Lannister

Social Impure

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Haha, wrong forum to be asking that.

There's lots of LEO, military forums you could get answers. I don't know about an FBI forum.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I wanted to work with the CIA, but partied a little too hard in college for their liking.

I wouldn't mind, but considering my attitudes I am not sure.

If you want to work with either branch....

The CIA would like people who are bilingual. Social Science is a huge plus, like linguistics and foreign affairs... those type of work for a specific job they are looking for, but most degrees are applicable. If you have many contacts in like many different countries, the process for you to get in might take a while. If you have ever done anything like Peace Corps, they temporarily ban you from being able to work with the CIA.

The FBI is probably similar to the CIA, I don't remember everything the speakers said, but you go through lie detectors and such when it comes to the FBI. All those physical tests and such you see when it comes to cops and basic training sort of things also occur.

For the CIA/FBI, they often contact more than just the people you know, they might end up contacting someone you didn't like or didn't like you in grade school to get a feel of how you are. Will it mean you won't get in if someone said something bad about you? That sort of depends, they don't want anything that can be used against you as ransom (why you see the FBI using lie detectors.)

NSA, I am almost 100% positive that a programming degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical Engineering) will get you in, presuming you don't have a bad background check on file.

LadyLazarus

Would people who work for any of those places even be allowed to tell people they work there?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Would people who work for any of those places even be allowed to tell people they work there?
    Considering the people that came to my college talking about the FBI and the CIA, I think so, unless they were allowed to because they are recruiting people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Maybe we're the only people they can tell...you know, because anonymity and stuff.

Maybe they're really lonely and they just want to unload on someone and this forum is the perfect place to do it and they'll tell us about all their secret agent adventures!